Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tomorrow, I get the unique honor of picking up my new Mazda3 4-Door Sport Sedan from the dealership. 8)

On Dec 16th, I totalled my car (Chevy Cavalier Sports Coupe-yellow) due to an accident. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. To make a long story short, I had to start shopping for a new vehicle.

Since I don't have much $$, I had to stick below $18K. I looked at the Pontiac Sunfire, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla & Celica, Mitz Lancer, Ford Focus Hatch...then I pulled into a VW/Mazda/Suburau dealer to check out a VM Jetta. Well, I noticed a Mazda I haven't seen before in corner of my eye (the front halogen lights caught my eye). I checked out this "Mazda3" and was like dang, that's a lotta features for a little price. To get the same features on a VW Jetta, I'd pay $22K or more. So, there begun my research.

I checked out mazdausa.com like 100 times, I read magazine reviews then I found this e-mail forum. After 2 weeks of reading, my mind was made up. I fell in love with the Mazda3.

To make an even longer story short, I starting working $$ with the sales lady. Btw, if you need a sales rep in Maryland, I got the lady for ya!!! She worked out a few details with me over the past week, until my credit and everything was finally approved Dec. 31st. Only bummer was the color I wanted, titianum gray, was 40 miles away. So, I had the baby imported to my dealership. haha Btw, I'll discuss my test drive in the other forum.

So, for about $18K, I purchased the tit. gray with moonroof and 6-cd changer. I really wanted the ABS package and Xenon package, but couldn't afford it since I just wrecked car and got married. Any donations? haha

I'll take some pics over weekend and I'll answer ANYONE's questions. I'm anxious about picking up my new toy tomorrow. Like a kid on christmas.
Thanks for everyone's insight, as this web site was a main factor in my purchasing decision. Peace!

EDIT: Topic heading :twisted:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
ImportLuva4Life's Titanium Sedan

Congrats and welcome!

The only thing that makes me miss my Jetta... was the exhaust note. Otherwise, the 3 is a much better deal.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

Welcome aboard ImportLuva4Life and congrats on your new phat ride. Now what are you going to do to it first? Mod wise?

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upcoming Mods

As the $$ flow becomes better, here are a few mods I plan on over the course of the year...

tint windows 35% (legal in MD--cops are RUFF on cars with mods, esp tint)

cold intake

2 Bazooka 10's in box

500 watt Bazooka amp (the bazooka stuff left over from my cavalier)

PIA HID headlight bulbs (since I couldn't afford the Xenon package)

GREEDY exhaust with chrome tip

3m clear bra

-- haven't thought about it much since I don't know what's available for Mazda3's yet. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts

When are the pics coming? :) Have already tinted your windows? I am basically asking everyone that question. I am waiting for my MZ3 to come sometime in February and wanted to know what tints with that low transparency would look like. I would also like to see the fog lights in action if you could. Please post them up if you've got them, as I am living off of everyone else’s cars until mine comes in. Or you can contact me and I'll host them for you.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Pics will hopefully be up by end of month. Had probs with my digatial camera. The windows are getting tinted next week, I'll letcha know how it goes. I'll include some fog light pics as well. Sorry for the delay!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts