Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know of my attraction to LEDs - but it's reached a new level. I bought myself a condo back in September - and like any proper homeowner, I decided to put up some lights for the holidays. Not just any lights, mind you - I got super cool hyper-white LEDs to hang off my balcony! Net horsepower gains to my condo are estimated to be between 5 and 10 hp, depending on how dark it is outside. Dynos are on the way. ;-)

They're probably against the homeowner's association rules, but after seeing other folks putting lights up too, I decided I didn't really care - it's easier when I'm not the only person who'd get in trouble! :chuckles:

So - does anyone else have any pics of their holiday light displays? Time to outshine me and my single strand of lights! (Get it? Outshine... har har har)

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=jdesclafani link=topic=63916.msg1097243#msg1097243 date=1165175653]
damn nice place...y dont u invite us jersey guys over....
[/quote]

Yeah probably come springtime I'll have a bunch of people over - THAT'S something the HOA will love I'm sure! ;-)

[quote author=kilacam19 link=topic=63916.msg1097361#msg1097361 date=1165187026]
Dont worry you get some old person that complains about them. HOA suck.....
[/quote]

Thankfully most of the people in the condos here are young professional types that don't really give a shit what other people do because they're all like me and rarely at home!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got them at Walmart!! I was stunned - went to just get a cheapo $3 string of lights or some crazy gaudy thing that the neighbors would laugh at, came home with these. I'd never seen them before - and Walmart actually had a decent selection - more than Amazon has online.

Where are you moving?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
i am moving in the same town....just back in with my old roomates in a new place...oh i picked my rims up yesterday and i am going to mount them some time this week so i can get it inspected(the rear stock RS-A's on it now would never pass!!!)

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=brandontrek link=topic=63916.msg1097989#msg1097989 date=1165248283]
i am moving in the same town....just back in with my old roomates in a new place...oh i picked my rims up yesterday and i am going to mount them some time this week so i can get it inspected(the rear stock RS-A's on it now would never pass!!!)
[/quote]

Very nice ... after 2 short months of living alone, there are some times that I think roommates could be fun again! Then I realize how much I've actually spread out with all my crap in two short months and think better of it! ;-) Can't wait to see those rims - we definitely need to keep active with the PA group meeting. It can make for some very good times!

[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=63916.msg1097995#msg1097995 date=1165248428]
My Channukah lights will outshine you!
[/quote]

Let's see 'em! :D

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I agree Jim, definitely wicked cool! I might have to do that next year.

[quote author=lmp180psu link=topic=63916.msg1097526#msg1097526 date=1165197675]
Nice Jim, I love the color!  I just installed some LEDs as well ( my center brake light) :)

[/quote]
I also just installed my LED third brake light, Lou. How do you like yours? I love mine.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
[quote author=ramosdominicano link=topic=63916.msg1098759#msg1098759 date=1165287758]
I also just installed my LED third brake light, Lou. How do you like yours? I love mine.
[/quote]

I love it so far. I got mine from The Xenon Store (Devin98) for $32 - did you get your sedan one from them or someone else? Aside from taking me close to 30 minutes to get it to work (I tried one more time before I was going to send it back, then it worked :lol: ), it was very easy to do. I need to get pics soon.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I got mine from eBay. 60 LEDs, $60 shipped. It wasn't too difficult for me, what took the longest time was removing the trunk lining. After that it was a breeze.
I've been slacking on getting pics up also. I will soon enough.

Sorry for jacking your thread, Jim. :hijacked:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL - I do love the LED talk though! The 60-LED third brake light is the one I have and I know exactly what you're talking about removing that trunk lining. I really don't think Mazda needed to use 72 different fasteners for it! ;-) I also did it in on a 95+ degree day so I was sweating some anatomy off.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I remember you LED 3rd brake light was the first that I saw in person. Since then, I've been in love with it.
While you did yours while sweating your @$$ off, I was the one freezing. It definitely made it harder when my fingertips felt like they were frozen. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts