Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have been looking at performance chips on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2464204695

My MZ3 2.3 will be arriving in 2 weeks, and Im wondering how good these chips are and how much damage if any would it do to my brand new car?

Also is there are real difference in performance. It states rise of %12 performance. in torque etc....

What do you guys think of power chips ??

Thanks for any help

p.s. I wasn't sure which area of the forum I should post this topic.

·
Registered
126 Posts
IMO, i wouldnt do it. it is a by-past-setup. could be more trouble than its worth. and its NOT covered by manufactures warranty. i would wait for a ecu update from someone like chiptorque, which wont effect your warranty..

·
Registered
25 Posts
you seriously considering this?

You're gonna splash $25 on something from ebay and put it on the engine of your brand new $20,000 car??

if i were to put anything on my Mazda 3 i'd have the car with no mods on it for about 6 months and then maybe look at mods from auto shops that are a bit more professional than a $25 bodge job.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I only said I was looking at it on ebay.
I wasn't about to put in a $25 gadget in my AU$33,000 car. I was just wondering why its so cheap compared with chips I have seen that are over AU$300..

Anyways my car is gonna been sweat when it finally arrives

·
Registered
947 Posts
mazda3Stratos said:
Well I only said I was looking at it on ebay.
I wasn't about to put in a $25 gadget in my AU$33,000 car. I was just wondering why its so cheap compared with chips I have seen that are over AU$300..

Anyways my car is gonna been sweat when it finally arrives
If it is too good to be true...

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the ignition advance trick.. you're going to be charged $25 for $0.25 worth of wires, transistors and capacitors in a $0.15 plastic case with a $0.02 sticker on it. Assuming you can figure out how to install it (because I can assure you, the directions you get will be vague, at best) you will notice a slight increase in power as you pull away from a stop for the first time. Your engine will probably knock under the advanced timing and the knock sensor will alert the computer.. which will then retart the ignition timing and you'll be $25 poorer, with a POS 'device' wired into your new car.. oh, and you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

Or, as M3-GT said with such brevity.. "that is pure crap....waste of money."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts