Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
11) When in stop and go traffic (in gear) and there is more stop than go for a period of time, you pop the car out and back into of gear just to make sure that the car accidentally wasn't left in 3rd (paranoid habit)
Seattle hills have made me worse with this one, lol. That would suck at a 30% incline.

Mine:

Abandon the "10 and 2" rule, and develop an offset "11 and 3" rule (for those rare times you're cruising and not instinctively touching the shifter). This allows the right hand to provide the left with balanced stability-assist in curves, but still allows it to leave the wheel to shift without the need to adjust the left hand to a more neutral 12 position.

It's surprisingly comfortable... lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
I forgot what number we were on after reading the whole thread, but when I go from driving a manual to driving an auto, I actually stomp the left half of the brake pedal, launching me (and whatever I happen to have sitting in the passenger seat) through the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
I forgot what number we were on after reading the whole thread, but when I go from driving a manual to driving an auto, I actually stomp the left half of the brake pedal, launching me (and whatever I happen to have sitting in the passenger seat) through the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha yep, we all do that... although I'm starting to get better due to all the rentals I drive, so it occurs pretty infrequently... which that just makes it all the more surprising when my leg automatically does the brake-stomp :p

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I agree. Been driving my pu for over a year in a half, still hard to get smooth shifts..... I guess because racecar? (don't remember having this issue in my mz3). That being said, if I ride the clutch a bit and am very patient, then I can bang out some smooth shifts. Not the most realistic for day to day driving tho

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
I agree. Been driving my pu for over a year in a half, still hard to get smooth shifts..... I guess because racecar? (don't remember having this issue in my mz3). That being said, if I ride the clutch a bit and am very patient, then I can bang out some smooth shifts. Not the most realistic for day to day driving tho
Noob! :p

·
Registered
633 Posts
Shit some days is smooth shifting and others I feel like I just started over again.

But I drive another vehicle for work and then the speed on the off hours.

Think I had more smoother days when the speed was the work vehicle as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Every time I have to test drive a vehicle at Lexus, I feel like I wait one small eternity for the throttle response to pick up.. I usually end up making the front end jump up like I'm flooring it. :chuckles:

41 - 57 of 57 Posts