Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance for guys...I'm not trying to rag on any of you chicks...BUT, I don't think its cool that guys have to pay more because they're more prone to "race" and cause problems. You know why? Girls are just as guilty.

1. Texting while Driving
2. PUTTING ON MAKE-UP...
3. Talking on the phone (just as bad as men)
4. I've seen girls drive BAD when they're all Emotional (Break up, bad day, drama, etc.)

so..Idk to me its not fair

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think cell phone driving has become a HUGE problem. As a Sync user, I can honestly say it makes me a MUCH safer driver when I have to use my phone. I can't wait for North Carolina to follow California's lead on this issue.

Of course, some people are just bad drivers regardless of what else is going on.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
they should stay at home!
and when i get home i ll be like:
hey!! women!!! why don t u go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich, and while you are at it, get prettier!

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
i do not do any of the above while driving thank you.

i am getting tired of people talking on their phones while driving. everyday coming home from work i'll get stuck behind someone going extrememly slow on the highway. when i finally have a chance to pass them, what do you know, they are on the phone. if they are not going to ban phones while driving they should have at least a cell phone only lane. i'm tired of slow ass people in my left lane!!

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
they dont all drive slow, they usualy drive bad... really bad!

sometimes i wish i had a huge truck with metal bars all around, and i would ram into people like that.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I think that new drivers are also the reason why men cost more than women to insure. Being 19, I don't have too much room to talk, but I had some pretty stupid friends that drove like complete ass bags when they first got their cars. Most of them thought that they were bulletproof, which came back to bite them in the ass in the winter, apparently they thought that snow/ice/slush didn't effect driving conditions at all... Me on the other hand, I was taught to drive not so much from my driving teachers, who were a few fries short of a happy meal, but from my dad (took me to a ice covered lot in the winter and said do all the stupid stuff here, not on the road). I think that we should hire driving instructors from Europe, where people drive cars seriously, and don't complain that their cup holders can't hold a super sized coke.

Slow people in the left lane piss me off too, at least the car horn is useful for something other than greeting friends lol.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I don't think it's fair, but life isn't fair so I just have to deal with it... I'm 22, have no accidents or tickets, and my monthly premium is $160 with a $1000 deductible... If it was $500, you'd laugh!

...And yes, I shop around for insurance every couple months, but Progressive has been the cheapest for me the past 2 years.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
lol i can't really speak so much as being a safe driver anymore I tap a womans back bumper mainly cause I was watching other traffic and thought that she had already gone and I was getting ready to go cause of an opening in traffic it was the first accident I've ever been in and well it didn't do any damage to ethier car luckaly, also I kinda mashed my front quarterpanel in backing out of my garage, mainly in experience for that one since I've never had a garage til bout 2 weeks ago and mis-judge how far out I was turned to soon and hit the wall on passanger side. luckaly we haven't had to involve insurance for anything yet! any technically my car is still in my dads name and under his insurance since I'm only 16 well 17 in 17 days but still ya it sucks. wait what was I saying, oh ya ppl who talk on their cellphone should be taken out and shot if its an unimportant conversasion like if you are getting directions or something like that that is one thing but talking like oh whats for dinner talk then that can wait and you need to be shot, also I can't stand ppl who get on a highway doing anything under the speed limit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
[quote author=eurotuner link=topic=117995.msg2475570#msg2475570 date=1216476202]
they should stay at home!
and when i get home i ll be like:
hey!! women!!! why don t u go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich, and while you are at it, get prettier!
[/quote]

I'm sorry but LOL :lol:

I said somethin similar to my girlfriend before because she was putting on her make up while driving. She slapped me and drove even faster.
Kept my mouth shut that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
without reading this thread..

the reason why your insurance is what it is, is based on probability. they dont just pick who they think which gender is more of a liability. its clear in the numbers. its all about statistics. age, gender, geographical location, and driving history ALL affect your insurance rate. so yea, maybe you are the best driver in the world but statistics show the male gender in general is more prone to having an accident.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
[quote author=eurotuner link=topic=117995.msg2475591#msg2475591 date=1216477402]
they dont all drive slow, they usualy drive bad... really bad!

sometimes i wish i had a huge truck with metal bars all around, and i would ram into people like that.
[/quote]

I cant tell you how many times I have wished that while on the road. Iv also thought things with guns haha. It worse in the rich areas, they pull out of a parking spot right in front of you while talking on the phone WITHOUT looking which causes you to lock them up. If you honk at them they look at you like you are a piece of scum and should be serving them, not driving on their roads.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah +1 on hiring a driving instructor from Europe so they can Bitch slap us into shape. In germany you dont even get to drive until you pass the whole written part which is extremely hard and if you fail you start all over again and pay everything all over again. I wouldnt like to do this when its costing me over 1,000 Euros about ($2,000). Not to mention the driving teachers come from small towns so it is only like once a month

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
[quote author=FusionManiac19 link=topic=117995.msg2476447#msg2476447 date=1216524015]
Yeah +1 on hiring a driving instructor from Europe so they can Bitch slap us into shape. In germany you dont even get to drive until you pass the whole written part which is extremely hard and if you fail you start all over again and pay everything all over again. I wouldn't like to do this when its costing me over 1,000 Euros about ($2,000). Not to mention the driving teachers come from small towns so it is only like once a month
[/quote]

Or, for cheaper purposes, we could get the German driving instructors to bitch slap the American driving teachers into shape. When I was in driving school, our teacher went to Shell every time to "fill up" (there was a half tank in it already), and coincidentally there was a McDonald's and a Mini Store right next to it..

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
in highscool my diring teacher was AWESOME. he tought me alot, that I still use to this day. One thing I wont remember is he always told me, see that person waaay up there? (llike 1/2 mile). I was always like so what he aint near me. But now I understand and I am ALWAYS aware whata around me. Its saved my ass a few times. He even had a tattoo on his tooth, GREAT guy, I wish I never left his class.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=117995.msg2476521#msg2476521 date=1216528447]
[quote author=FusionManiac19 link=topic=117995.msg2476447#msg2476447 date=1216524015]
Yeah +1 on hiring a driving instructor from Europe so they can Bitch slap us into shape. In germany you dont even get to drive until you pass the whole written part which is extremely hard and if you fail you start all over again and pay everything all over again. I wouldn't like to do this when its costing me over 1,000 Euros about ($2,000). Not to mention the driving teachers come from small towns so it is only like once a month
[/quote]

Or, for cheaper purposes, we could get the German driving instructors to bitch slap the American driving teachers into shape. When I was in driving school, our teacher went to Shell every time to "fill up" (there was a half tank in it already), and coincidentally there was a McDonald's and a Mini Store right next to it..
[/quote]

Yeah its pretty sad...Everytime I went on a drive my teacher would say, quick lets get to the nearest fast food place im starved....And then if you got all "Buddy buddy" like my friend who was too stupid to drive, he wouldnt fail you. No wonder we have so many idiots on the road

·
Registered
759 Posts
[quote author=weaselnoze link=topic=117995.msg2475886#msg2475886 date=1216491297]

the reason why your insurance is what it is, is based on probability. they dont just pick who they think which gender is more of a liability. its clear in the numbers. its all about statistics. age, gender, geographical location, and driving history ALL affect your insurance rate. so yea, maybe you are the best driver in the world but statistics show the male gender in general is more prone to having an accident.
[/quote]

I still don't think it's right or ethical. What if black people were statistically more prone to accidents. Would it be legal to charge them more for insurance compared to whites, given the "statistics" argument? I don't think so.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
[quote author=kjh1127 link=topic=117995.msg2477587#msg2477587 date=1216594944]
[quote author=weaselnoze link=topic=117995.msg2475886#msg2475886 date=1216491297]

[/quote]

I still don't think it's right or ethical. What if black people were statistically more prone to accidents. Would it be legal to charge them more for insurance compared to whites, given the "statistics" argument? I don't think so.
[/quote]

Affirmative Action and NAACP people would freak...

Where are mens' rights groups when you need them...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts