Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new here, and boy am I glad that there is a canadian mazda 3 community!

I am seriously look at the Mazda3 GS sedan, with pp, sp, and air condition.

The only reason why I am going with the GS with such loaded options is because I want good fuel economy, and I don't care for the extra hp.
I test drove the 2.3 hatch today and although it is very smooth, i think i can live without the torque.

My question is, do you guys actually find that you are getting acceptable mpg? I am reading mix reviews on here, even for city driving, i am seeing 23mpg to 35mpg ! What kind are you guys getting and is it acceptable to you?

And my last question is, is it still possible to get a few hundred off MSRP? on the internet i priced it out to be 21090 + 925 (frieght) before tax, from your experience, do you think it is possible to get around 20500 before tax and no freight?

thanks guys! awesome community here!

E.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got the GS auto (same config + auto as what you plan for) and mainly traveling from Richmomd to downtown. I monitored my mpg very closely for a month and I got around 10L/100km. Consider the stop and go, heavy traffic from Richmond to downtown during peak hours, it's not bad at all.

I don't think you have room for negotiation becasue the car is in high demand. I paid ~$23800 (including tax and everything) on Jan and from what I heard, they are very firm on price nowaday.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
What i find funny is that I have the GT/GFX and I am getting 12.5km/L, tho is it a manual, and I paid 24000 (including tax and everything) on Dec. Good luck negotiating. So i don't think the mileage are that much different between the 2.0 and the 2.3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. that's a very useful link from redflag.

I am running out of time, but i don't want to pay 50 bucks for a possible chance to get the dealer's invoice.

Do you know what the invoice price of any mz3? in sedan AND hatchback?

i plan to go to the dealership later this afternoon

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had my GS for around 2 months now and have put on 4300km's. I've been watching my fuel economy like a hawk because of the gas prices and some peoples complaints about lower mileage. I've been finding that I get anywhere between 300km-365km to half a tank, that's according to the gas gauge. I haven't let it go much below half a tank recently because of the gas prices. I don't want to see myself putting almost $30 into my gas tank. I know it really makes no difference, but it's just the principal of it all. My actual numbers work out to an average of 7.1L/100km or 31.9mpg. The best I've gotten is 6.1L/100km or 37.1mpg and that was with a lot of highway driving and the worst has been 8.4L/100km or 27.1mpg with an abundance of city driving. I'm pretty happy with the mileage and have noticed that on the highway the car is really good, but once in the city it really goes downhill. I especially notice that if I'm heavy on the gas in the city, as in quick starts, that mileage really drops. So with that said I've started trying to consistently shift under 3K in the city and things are much better.

I'm sure the mileage will only get better as the motor becomes more broken in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check sig. But if I'm doing mostly highway driving (roughly 85%) I'll hit about 620km on a full tank. Mostly city driving and I'm getting about 500-525km.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've bought a GS auto a week ago and got 502 km out of it. My last car was a 96 mx3 GS where I averaged about 350 kms. :D

Hey philgood, I paid full MSRP for my car at Signature Mazda. They would not negotiate. You got a smoking deal.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've got a 2.0 in my GX. I absolutely love it.

I shift pretty high, and almost all of my driving is in-town, so I probably only get about 400km to a tank.

On the highway trip, that'll double though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
energie said:
400km in a 2.0? damn, I am hoping to get 550+ with a Mazda3.

do you think that's even achievable for city driving? i don't floor it at all and I am perfectly happy with shifting at 3000rpm
I think you should consider yourself extremely lucky if you can average 450k/tank in town, regardless of how you're shifting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.