Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the next couple weeks I'm going to start shopping for a speed3. Does anyone think it is possible to try and negotiate for a set of 17" MZ3 rims with whatever all-season tires are offered on a regular Mazda3 instead of the stock MS3 rims and summer tires? I'm probably going to buy summer rims and tires anyway and I don't want the same thing to happen to me that happened to Leo (sorry about your car by the way). I was hoping I could get some money off MSRP and get the rims and tires that might actually give me some grip in snow. Plus the dealership could just put the MS3 rims that I want to give up on a MZ3 and charge some poor bastard a 1500 dollar premium. What's everyones thoughts? Is this an impossible request?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=speed3wannabe link=topic=67678.msg1164944#msg1164944 date=1169586307]
Over the next couple weeks I'm going to start shopping for a speed3. Does anyone think it is possible to try and negotiate for a set of 17" MZ3 rims with whatever all-season tires are offered on a regular Mazda3 instead of the stock MS3 rims and summer tires? I'm probably going to buy summer rims and tires anyway and I don't want the same thing to happen to me that happened to Leo (sorry about your car by the way). I was hoping I could get some money off MSRP and get the rims and tires that might actually give me some grip in snow. Plus the dealership could just put the MS3 rims that I want to give up on a MZ3 and charge some poor bastard a 1500 dollar premium. What's everyones thoughts? Is this an impossible request?
[/quote]

Thanks... shit happens so good idea you're thinking about doing this.
Do you have a trade-in involved? If you do they may be willing to do it with no much hassle since they are going to :bananahump: most likely; unless you are a tough negotiator.

Good luck. It's worth a shot if you dont' have a trade-in.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I highly doubt you'll get a credit for taking the MS3 wheels off. In fact i'd be willing to bet they'd want to charge you more for the MZ3 wheels.

MOST MZ3 owners dont know a lot about their car, its a cheap reliable econo car. They want it bone stock and it'll stay that way all its life.

My experience, my parents bought a 1995 dodge caravan, new. It had these very intricate wheels on it. My dad hated the style, wanted hubcaps on steelies instead. Dealer said ok sure we'll do that, $750. My dad said no, thats rediculous. They didn't budge til they realized they were losing the sale and they gave us them at no additional charge - but they laughed when we asked about a 'credit' since they were premium wheels...

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
They are not going to do this for you. Never, no way. It is of no interest to them, they can't make money and they cannot sell the MS3 rims on another car. I'm sure they will order you a set of 17" rims and tires in addition to your car if you want. Also, if they would switch rims their are two issues, one is that the credit they would give you is insignificant, just because they charge you 2k for a set of rims and tires doesn't mean they value them at 2k.

Also the rolling circumference of the tires and wheels do not match up so your all the calibrations would be wrong unless you took the tires off the 17" rims and bought ones with the proper sidewall height.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
as stated above.. aint gonna happen unless the saleman sneaks one past you and adds some costs into your price and then tells you hes doing you a favor while padding his pockets.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They may do it. A dealership has done it for me before with another car, but they won't give you money back. Pretty much, you have to be prepared to give up your premium wheels for lesser wheels and like it. You just have to push the issue as if it's a deal maker. They would put the speed 3 wheels on a regular 3, and it would be unique. It may sell quicker for them because it would look like a speed, and have a tad better handling. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback even if it's not what I want to hear...stupid new jersey and it's unpredictable winters...Why couldn't I live in Hawaii. I understand that the tires are good summer tires but I was planning on buying 17" summer rims eventually anyway and I was hoping I could save a couple bucks in the process. You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes...you just might find...you get what you need... :lol:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You mean the Bridgestones on this car aren't winter tires? Fuck me... lol. I plan on calling in every time it snows for the next three months.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
The all season's that come on the 17's suck anyway, believe me I have an 04 3 and you can't even go up a slight incline in an inch of snow with those tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts