Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the RS-A's and am debating if the 520's are worth the additional 20 bucks a tire(at Discount Tire). I do mostly highway/city driving and don't autocross. I am looking to get more than the 25k that I've gotten out of the RS-A's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to find out who was responible for equiping our 18k cars with zillion dollar/weird size Goodyears.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
All though I have sold both, I would go for the 520. It sounds like longevity is the key for you. The ASX will give you about 20-30K but with no mileage guarantee. The YK520, has a 60K mileage warranty on a V-rated tire. It is worth it to go with those over the ASX.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would look into the Falken Ziex ZE-512 215/50R-17. although the width is wider, the height of the overall tire is within 2/32 with the RS-A. They have a 30k mile warranty, but I have gotten 40k out of them with my cavalier before I hit the wear bars. And it is a manual. something to think about for $76 a tire. very quiet very smooth, great traction. definitely top of my list when considering purchasing again.

The other I would recommend is the Yoko Avid V4s P215/50R-17, the overall height is within 2/32 of the stock tire. (please don’t let aspect ratios be your guide when purchasing a tire. read the specs every tire is different regardless of the label) This tire has a 60k tread life warranty and is much quieter than the stock RS-A, and performs nearly identical to the Falken. this one runs $119.

Both tires are V rated, both are all season high performance, and both perform great. I would say the main difference is tread life between the two, as well as price.

:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
i got the 520's on my car in the fall after i bent a wheel and couldn't find the stock tire so i just bought new ones and they are so much better then the stock toyo's and in snow they are great i would rather drive my car in the snow then my moms 2000 camery with traction control and anti locks with the coopers she has on her car. i was always sliding around in her car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts