Mazda3 Forums banner

How many years do you plan to keep your MS3 for?

Yet another poll...How long do you plan to keep your MS3?

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  dp3 
#1 ·
I've always been curious how long people plan to keep such a unique car. Personally, I want to keep this car until it dies. I want to run it as my fun fast summer car...we all need one!

#4 ·
I have added TOO MUCH PROBLEMS to the vote, along side UNTIL SHE DIES because they will go hand in hand for most people.
It will be interesting to see how long this engine lasts.

#5 ·
i put 6-8 years - but realistically unless something happens that i cannot afford to keep this car longer than that, i will... I will buy other cars to replace it as a daily, but it will eventually be turned into my track and weekend car. Fun fun fun! :)

#6 ·
Until somethin better appears 8) ... Im willing to leave her at a dealer if some better car appears :p ... I love the MS3 but not that much... I bought it because damn best bang for the buck ever and performance etc.. lets see how she behaves with mods...

Im waitiong for the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralli Art version to appear for the 08 model.. the cheap Lancer looks real good.. ( better interiors than ours) and the Ralli Art model is expected to be turbo AWD for a really reasonable price. is going to compete with the WRX as the EVO still competing with the STI ;) .. so if the Rally art turns out to be great looking and good performance.. I WILL leave the MS3 at the dealer :p

#7 ·
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=74624.msg1333352#msg1333352 date=1176477154]
i put 6-8 years - but realistically unless something happens that i cannot afford to keep this car longer than that, i will... I will buy other cars to replace it as a daily, but it will eventually be turned into my track and weekend car. Fun fun fun! :)
[/quote]

Im with you Mellman, my goal is to only have this car drive through 1 winter...by Winter 2008, I want to have a new daily driver.

#9 ·
I'm keeping her till the doors fall off!

I had my 1st car for 2 yrs (1987 Blazer) until the engine gave out
2nd car for about 6 yrs(1995 Audi 90) until it started blowing smoke, needed tires, exhaust was falling off, was time for oil change.......I guess until the repairs were more than the car was worth

So at that rate I should have this car for about 18 years. Hopefully it will be an antique by then and I can sell it on Barrett Jackson's for $$$$$$$$$$$

Wishful thinking, but a man can dream

#10 ·
I bought the car on the spot, but realistically, Ill own it for 3 years or so. (unless its an unstoppable force in autocross, yet to be determined)
There are too many other cars out there, and hopefully in another 3+ years Ill be looking to my next sports/sporty car
bmw 335i really catches my eye, but in a few years there may be something else

#11 ·
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=74624.msg1334968#msg1334968 date=1176512589]
I bought the car on the spot, but realistically, Ill own it for 3 years or so. (unless its an unstoppable force in autocross, yet to be determined)
There are too many other cars out there, and hopefully in another 3+ years Ill be looking to my next sports/sporty car
[/quote]

they are hot... but in canada a used 330ci even costs more before tax than an ms3 out the door with no km. I always like the bimmers though

#14 ·
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=74624.msg1334968#msg1334968 date=1176512589]
[/quote]

Hahah. I remember when the 335 was only available via the aftermarket builders in Germany. Now we have em. A gal pal of mine owns one. We compared them the other day. It was interesting. Her back seat was better ;0)

#15 ·
[quote author=dp3 link=topic=74624.msg1336062#msg1336062 date=1176558725]
[/quote]

Hahah. I remember when the 335 was only available via the aftermarket builders in Germany. Now we have em. A gal pal of mine owns one. We compared them the other day. It was interesting. Her back seat was better ;0)
[/quote]

Thats rude...she wouldnt let you ride shotgun? :lol:

#16 ·
[quote author=sturge-speed3 link=topic=74624.msg1336136#msg1336136 date=1176563002]
[quote author=dp3 link=topic=74624.msg1336062#msg1336062 date=1176558725]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats rude...she wouldnt let you ride shotgun? :lol:
[/quote]

Hahahaha I should have shot a cel phone pic!

#17 ·
[quote author=FlightRisk link=topic=74624.msg1334945#msg1334945 date=1176512114]
I'm keeping her till the doors fall off!

I had my 1st car for 2 yrs (1987 Blazer) until the engine gave out
2nd car for about 6 yrs(1995 Audi 90) until it started blowing smoke, needed tires, exhaust was falling off, was time for oil change.......I guess until the repairs were more than the car was worth

So at that rate I should have this car for about 18 years. Hopefully it will be an antique by then and I can sell it on Barrett Jackson's for $$$$$$$$$$$

Wishful thinking, but a man can dream
[/quote]

head gasket, tires, new exhaust, oil change. Hm... Thats around $1,500... Couldnt have been THAT bad.

#18 ·
Well one of my cars I have had for 34 years, my truck for 17 years, and the only reason I don't still have my SVT Focus is some teenager in a Chrysler Mini Van got me in August. I'll keep this one until I get tired of it or I find a large sum of money and can start playing with Ferraris and Porsches with my own money instead of other people's. yes that is me driving the 917k

#19 ·
[quote author=Byron link=topic=74624.msg1336886#msg1336886 date=1176591113]
Well one of my cars I have had for 34 years, my truck for 17 years, and the only reason I don't still have my SVT Focus is some teenager in a Chrysler Mini Van got me in August. I'll keep this one until I get tired of it or I find a large sum of money and can start playing with Ferraris and Porsches with my own money instead of other people's. yes that is me driving the 917k
[/quote]

No S--t! That is GREAT. Yea been hosed by a mini van myself before. Neck still reminds me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.