Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I have an 07 Crystal White Pearl Mica GTS. I noticed that the door moldings don't quite match the color on the rest of the car (slightly yellower). I figured no big deal, I'm going to remove those anyway. Well I pull one of them off, and the paint underneath the molding is yellowish too. Needless to say, I'm slighty upset. :x So I dig out some polish and go over it, but it doesn't help. I put the molding back on. Has anyone else encountered this"

The same thing happened with my '08 CWP, and no one really answered to this -
Anyone know how to get the yellow stain up?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
people have used scratchX or other polishes to reduce it a little, and some said that it faded over time...
anyways, somebody else that had this happen will chime in eventually.

i happen to prefer them on a wwp hatch but i am in the minority.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i am not sure if it fades entirely....one person had to put them back on....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eh, it's really only noticeable when I'm washing my car or up close and in perfect lighting.
It's either yellow stains or yellow moldings, so either way I get some yellow.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I took mine off 6 months after purchase. There was very slight yellowing like everyone else has been having a problem with. Dealt with it a few days, and then after taking it to the Mazda dealership to get my oil changed, they did the usual complimentary car wash and the yellow disappeared completely.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just took off my moldings 2 weeks ago, and I had very slight yellowing. My car is almost 1 year old. When I took off the moldings I just clayed and polished my doors, and parked it in the sun. Seems to work, but since I know where the moldings were before, I can still somewhat see a "ghosting" of the moldings. No one else can see it :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
what you see on the panels could be two thing water saturated between the mdlgs.and the door pnls. or side mldgs. adhesive probably got too hot that made somewhat an imprint on the paint. try some paint thinner, do not rub hard, just kind of brush with a terry cloth then wax it.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
[quote author=elsosa2007 link=topic=139886.msg3017885#msg3017885 date=1238036326]
what you see on the panels could be two thing water saturated between the mdlgs.and the door pnls. or side mldgs. adhesive probably got too hot that made somewhat an imprint on the paint. try some paint thinner, do not rub hard, just kind of brush with a terry cloth then wax it.
[/quote]

:shock: ooo, I dont know about the paint thinner, that would scare the sh** out of me! Ha, I would stay away from that route

1 - 11 of 11 Posts