Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the Apexcone 6000K; the install went great; just wondering if it's normal to have more a yellow-ish flare..

Sorry, I don't have the usual garage door picture.

But at the same time, the color of the bulb is still blue, it's just that flare part.

Would it be just the 100 hours break-in period?
Thanks!

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
hmmm, I have the UED 6000k kit and there is no yellow whatsoever not even when I just installed it did I see any yellow. I know I'm not much help since I can't tell you what is causing the yellow flare but maybe someone else can help? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=JP3G link=topic=70181.msg1224292#msg1224292 date=1172168476]
Just bought the Apexcone 6000K; the install went great; just wondering if it's normal to have more a yellow-ish flare..

Sorry, I don't have the usual garage door picture.

But at the same time, the color of the bulb is still blue, it's just that flare part.

Would it be just the 100 hours break-in period?
Thanks!
[/quote]

did you install them in the snow???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

ask whomever u bought them from if thats normal. as far as i know , if the bulbs are brand new, they do tend to be yellowish for the first 50-100 hrs...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, I have a garage, just not the common garage door picture to show the flare. ;)

Sent an email to XE, we'll see what happens. (y)

·
Registered
508 Posts
the bulbs are fragile and may have got damaged while shipping. Happened to my friends bulb, his 6k kit worked. However, the light was not blue like it should have been. Switched it with a new one, problem solved

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went outside to take a couple of common garage door pictures.

Yeah, I know, I need to realign the left one

There is a small spot in the middle and that's about it

The rest is that color

And I believe they are properly seated

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
i have the same problem with my aftermarket hids. I think it maybe related to our projectors, then again maybe we both have bulb problems.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You have halogen projectors that have a specific cutoff no matter what bulb you use. I have aftermarket HIDs too and my cutoff is the same.
If you want a cleaner cutoff, retro to HID projectors.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The yellow is normal, as it's part of the colour band. Pull back a lot farther and it should disappear. However in your case it might be the bulb, as the bulb itself is not supposed to look yellow. It seems though something is wrong with your cutoff. Do you have any pictures with your car further back.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dont have any yellow on my 6000k hid kit. I believe it's a problem with the bulb. That should not be normal

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=bustrhimn link=topic=70181.msg1239221#msg1239221 date=1172691957]
I believe that the yellow look of the light is caused from not blurring out the license plate in the 2nd picture
[/quote]

Hehe, well, I was about to do the second one, until I asked myself: Why? :dunno

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=70181.msg1229308#msg1229308 date=1172334745]
The yellow is normal, as it's part of the colour band. Pull back a lot farther and it should disappear. However in your case it might be the bulb, as the bulb itself is not supposed to look yellow. It seems though something is wrong with your cutoff. Do you have any pictures with your car further back.
[/quote]

You're right, the bulb color looks yellow on the pic, but they look good for real.

After looking at some pictures on the HID pic thread, I beleive it's just normal. A lot of people has the same look, so my conclusion is that you can't have a blue flare (ex:Respiro) until you get new projectors and lenses of some sort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts