Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what Mazda's projected sales for the 3 this year are? How does it compare to the Civic and the 6 last year

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I read somewhere that they are expecting 70,000 sales in the U.S. (about the same as the Protege) with 2/3rds of all sales going to the sedan.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do you guys think that number is too high?.....IMO, depending on how they campaign this car, i think they're wrong.....but before you jump on my throats, i believe that this car will sell more......mazda is riding on a high with the 6 and 8 and people are gonna take notice...and i think that momentum will transfer over to the 3...i mean, c'mon, the car sells itself with its looks and performance.....if i'm right, somebody owes me alot of something :D ....but if i'm wrong....then you never saw this post :lol:

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
It could go either way... Mazda expected to sell 75,000 Mz6s for 2003 and are closing in on about 61-65k cars by the end of the month. Compared to 626 sales, the 6 did not sell any differently. The 6 actually could have sold much better if Mazda didn't make package options so difficult...

Since the Protege sells anywhere between 70-80k cars per year, the Mz3 should meet or beat those expectations. I'd guess "beat" since the Mz3 offers A LOT more content for it's price point compared to the Civic and Corolla especially for customers willing to spend more than 18k for a compact car with the Jetta the only car offering similar features in a less reliable package. An added bonus, the Mazda3's package options are much easier to configure than the 6's...

·
Registered
396 Posts
i agree with you MazdaHaveIt,
the 3 is a winner. you can't read the paper, or watch an automotive show without hearing about Mazda and all the awards its winning.
i believe they will sell more than the protege.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
The Mazda6 took a pretty big share of Auto Industry Awards last year. However, the mid-size sedan market is far less fickle than the compact car market here in the States; the Accord and Camry will maintain their success outright, it's harder to say that the Civic/Corolla have the same stranglehold on the market.

The Mazda3 will be a success, just as the Protege is in Canada!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
6_funk said:
i agree with you MazdaHaveIt,
the 3 is a winner. you can't read the paper, or watch an automotive show without hearing about Mazda and all the awards its winning.
i believe they will sell more than the protege.
I'm not disagreeing, but awards do not necessarily mean sales.

WAnt a comparison, look at Apple Computer. They win every award out there, they still don't sell huge amounts.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I think the first 6 months.. people are going to reap the benefits of 6 and Pro5. For the first time in a year are they now offering anything on the 6. And you can get a fully equipped Pro5 auto for under $16k or a manual around $15.5k.

And I seen a 6 with everything except the v6 for $20k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts