Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay hay hay

i'll even start it off for you cool cats!

[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=69280.msg1201283#msg1201283 date=1171240551]
A buddy of mine at school has a v6 manual tiburon. We've talked about racing before but we both think the other guy will win. Anybody raced one of these before? I think it would be a pretty close race but I give the advantage to the v6 and i think his car is a 6 speed so he has a bigger engine and better gear ratios. Then again my car is a mazda and his is a hyundai. I kinda just wanted to see what other people thought about this matchup or if anyone had any experience with these cars.
[/quote]

[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=69215.msg1200148#msg1200148 date=1171164427]
On the highway we were pulling up to a light. I pulled to a stop and the mustang lingered back waiting for the light to change. It changed and they tried to use the 10ish mph they were already going to pull past me and get in my lane. I launched hard and reeled them in by 30mph or so and was a few car lengths ahead at 60 when we reached the next light and they went straight in the turn lane lol!!! I'm postive it was an auto v6 but still a good kill. 4 cyl 4 door breezes by 2 door v6.

I don't know what it is about my car, maybe my subwoofer, but everyone I pull up to at lights tries to race me. It really is unbelievable. I have laid to rest countless badasses driving cars that were fast 10 years ago and other random idiots driving trucks, suvs, wagons. Everyone wants a piece of me. I have probably beat 100 civics with fart cans already and my car barely has 3000 miles.

I'm sure you guys can relate.

All things being equal, I think a 5 speed 3 2.3 can at least edge a 4.0 5 speed stang.
[/quote]

[quote author=Mazz link=topic=69546.msg1208746#msg1208746 date=1171514643]
Driving home 'spirited' on an empty road tonight, noticed a set of HIDs in my rear view coming up fast. We both stopped at a red light, saw that it was a BMW Z4 coupe. Beautiful. I knew I didn't have a chance unless he was a really really bad driver, but i wanted to see how my little stock 3 would keep up. Times like this I wish I had a speed, it might have been more competitive.

Light turned green, we hit it. I had the jump slightly, but by the time I got to 2nd it was all over, he was at least 6 car lengths ahead of me & increasing :shock:

Don't know how tuned it was, but it definitely wasn't stock - that was the sweetest sounding exhaust I've ever heard.
[/quote]

[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=69635.msg1210782#msg1210782 date=1171586789]
Today I THINK I raced a bmw 530i. If he was trying, I beat him. It was close but I was ahead the whole time. I have no clue whether or not they were under full throttle. If not, 530s are really fast. It was an auto bc he was steering with both hands.
[/quote]

[quote author=ballinboi369 link=topic=69807.msg1214792#msg1214792 date=1171784063]
so this weekend i raced a sick ass prelude 97 2.2L pushing about 240hp and i didnt lose bad but i lost maybe by a foot. it was a good race he got me in 4th gear but my car was pullin like crazy!!! + my driving skills kicked in! i drive a 5spd 2.0L mazda3i mazdas are no joke! our cars pull like crazzzzzzyyyy! and guess what? even though hes modded with full exhuast vtec controller the basic honda modds pluss more my car guess what? ITS STOCK!!!!!!!!! wait until i rematch with parts in it... phew oh quick question to all my mazda lovers i have a 2.0L I want to do an hid upgrade does anyone know where i can get them for cheap also i seen the 2.3s have the kit already will it fit on my car? if so where can i get them? let me know.
[/quote]

use this thread to discuss, honor, refine and post your street racing anecdotes. nobody wants a new thread every time somebody KILLED A LUDE OMG WTF NOS etc.

ps: your 2.0 is not fast.

pps: your 2.3 is slightly fast, but still not very.

DISCUSS

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
i pwned a lambourghini last night. 4 car lengths.

he was all like "more than you can afford pal! lamboughini!" and we sped off

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exotics? our car is about as exotic as you can get, not sure what YOU'RE getting at, but here's a tidbit to chew on:

today, burning back through the fresh snowfall, i came across colin mcrae. mofo was doing seven zillion miles per hour. luckily, i was able to slide sideways and tokyo drift my way around that polar square when my vtak kicked in.

I SWEAR I BROKE THE SPEED OF SOUND

no joke, i mean, fuck, colin had me for a while but our cars pull like CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYY and i flew by him never to be seen again.

i had to pull over to let my intercooler cool off a bit though. while i was waiting i cooked up some pancakes and slid them in to the hood scoop to keep warm on my toasty journey home.

anyone else have any wicked cool racing stories?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha ha ha i owned a neon the other day but i was actually surprised. he was a cool guy.

i raped him off the line, even with the earth shattering wheel-hop we endure. as i later found out, he was governed to 190 kilometers per hour which explains why he sailed past me eventually.

he pulled up beside me after a brief high speed run, no traffic, four lane with divided directions. we decided to exit and turn around, running the other way from a roll. i started in third, i believe he began in second.

after the mandatory three-honk, we gunned it. he began to gain until i got higher up in the powerband. i was amazed how well the three pulls up high. i had about two car lengths on him but he kept up surprisingly well.

so a five door mazda three hatch with light mods was pretty well matched to a 96 neon coupe, gutted interior, dohc (150 hp) with an intake and exhaust.

to say the least, i was surprised.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Popped VTEC like you wouldn't believe and M4D TYT3 J|)M D0RIFT0'ed around some curves against a Zonda a few days ago, Jay-Z was driving. Sucka.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I raced a Ford Fiesta and just barely won, the guy that was driving was atleat 60, dressed like Dick Tracy and had a hook for a hand on his left side.

I also raced a few city buses, ice cream trucks, cabs, ambulances, shopping carts, etc...

I am still undefeated.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
I raced a garbage truck a while back in my old saturn...the guys were stopping to collect trash while we raced. I was suprised, I managed to beat him to the light 6 blocks down by a good half a car length. I didn't realize how powerful those DOHC motors in the saturn are!

Then I got my mazda 3 and I was like 'pwnz you saturn' I can lay the mad smack down now on garbage trucks, old laddies with walkers, and mothers with strollers. I even once took down a cavaliar.
-Matt

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i pwned this guy on a rider lawnmower . . . zoom zoom baby! blew by him so fast i think i knocked the farmers tan off his arms!

thats how i roll biatch!

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
[quote author=G-MAN link=topic=69907.msg1279991#msg1279991 date=1174431573]
Tell your friend I said anytime, anywhere! Well race for pinks. LOL
[/quote]

Don't do it, hes got 50 grand under the hood!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I smoked one of these about a week ago then found one at the dealership. They wouldnt tell me how much it was but you can tell by the Zoom Zoom sticker it is a Mazda.........................walker

·
Registered
913 Posts
I about died when I saw this. I had to take a pic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts