Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am anxiously waiting for some tuning mods for my MS3. The XEDE looks like it works according to some posters on this site. I would hate to take a risk and be sorry later... I have pre-ordered the CPE CAI from StreetUnit and will be installing the HKS BOV as well. Not too sure on the exhaust yet, some say it may not make a big difference. Also considering a larger TMIC or even a FMIC if available.

Basically I am asking for some knowledgeable opinions about the XEDE and Cobb products....Wait or not?

I am in the process of a wheel upgrade O.Z. Ultraleggera 18x8, +48mm offset with 225/40/18 BFG KDW2, seeing I have already scuffed a wheel. Now they will be snows...

I am sooooo freaking impatient...someone give me some advice and hope:)

I am at work on light duty (basically sitting around) surfing the web for parts for my favorite toy...used to be my boat but the MS3 is now the one!

Joe in RI

·
Registered
543 Posts
Know what you mean about being impatient. :bash: Sucks but its just gonna take time to see what will eventually be out there from all the tuning parts and companies. Then we gotta read the rants and raves here on the Forums.

·
Registered
639 Posts
[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=66835.msg1147545#msg1147545 date=1168671307]
Hey all,

I am anxiously waiting for some tuning mods for my MS3. The XEDE looks like it works according to some posters on this site. I would hate to take a risk and be sorry later... I have pre-ordered the CPE CAI from StreetUnit and will be installing the HKS BOV as well. Not too sure on the exhaust yet, some say it may not make a big difference. Also considering a larger TMIC or even a FMIC if available.

Basically I am asking for some knowledgeable opinions about the XEDE and Cobb products....Wait or not?

I am in the process of a wheel upgrade O.Z. Ultraleggera 18x8, +48mm offset with 225/40/18 BFG KDW2, seeing I have already scuffed a wheel. Now they will be snows...

I am sooooo freaking impatient...someone give me some advice and hope:)

I am at work on light duty (basically sitting around) surfing the web for parts for my favorite toy...used to be my boat but the MS3 is now the one!

Joe in RI
[/quote]

The talk is that a CATBACK exhaust is not providing huge gains on a bone stock MS3. IMO, there's not enough distinctions being made between what kinda exhaust parts we're talking about.

Aftermarket downpipes (the exhaust piece bolted to the turbo, which connects to the 2nd cat, and finally to the "catback" exhaust pipe) will DEFINITELY make a huge difference, as that is where the real restriction is. Either TurboXS or AMS proved this.

The Catback exhaust pipe may very well be reasonably sized at stock-to-mildly-increased power levels. It's the downpipe section you want to replace right away if you're looking for significant gains.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm waiting before committing to any parts especially the ECU management.

When everyone has their solution and nice charts to show what improves the car and by how much I don't think of investing in anything yet except the TWM shifter bushings and the AWR engine mounts 70 (may even wait if another company gets these out before I buy them).

I already got the car I dreamed of as my first car ever, so I can wait some more!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Be patient for things. That way prices should drop and you can see which produces the best power or looks better or whatever your priority is. Unless money aint a thang and you just want more power now...in that case let us know how the stuff you buy works.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Im all about waiting myself, but my time is winding down. I need to have my car sorted for my first event in april. hell, I still need to decide what class im running. While trying to figure out who is selling what, i made a small list that doesnt include everything... yet

acording to what companies have said they are developing and what has been developed...

AMS:
-Exhaust system (dp? cat back? tbe? no specifics yet)
-FMIC
-Engine bushings
-chasis Bracing

Turbo XS:
-Intake (SR so far)
-DP
-BOV

Cobb:
-AP
-Catback
-DP
-Intake (cai or sr, not determined yet)
-FMIC

Begi:
-Xede
-Fmic
-CAI
-catback (if proven useful)

CPE:
-Cai
-BOV stuff

Autoexe:
-TMIC
-Catback
-Coilovers
-various chasis bracing

feel free to add to the list if you know things Ive left off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66835.msg1147801#msg1147801 date=1168705695]
Im all about waiting myself, but my time is winding down. I need to have my car sorted for my first event in april. hell, I still need to decide what class im running. While trying to figure out who is selling what, i made a small list that doesnt include everything... yet

acording to what companies have said they are developing and what has been developed...

AMS:
-FMIC
-Engine bushings
-chasis Bracing

Turbo XS:
-Intake (SR so far)
-DP
-BOV

Cobb:
-AP
-Catback
-DP
-FMIC

Begi:
-Xede
-Fmic
-CAI

CPE:
-Cai
-BOV stuff
-"Standback" piggyback/interceptor/whatever kind of tuning solution it is!

Autoexe:
-TMIC
-Catback
-Coilovers
-various chasis bracing

[/quote]

Apparently, CPE shortcut their original plan of tuning the MS6 first. They're still coming out with a product for the 6 shortly, but have already installed and dynoed a tuning solution on the MS3. No details yet, but they say they've learned a lot about the car. Prices thrown up against the wall were $500 for hard-wired and $700 for PnP.

·
Registered
639 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66835.msg1147801#msg1147801 date=1168705695]

AMS:
-FMIC
-Engine bushings
-chasis Bracing

Turbo XS:
-Intake (SR so far)
-DP
-BOV

Cobb:
-AP
-Catback
-DP
-FMIC

Begi:
-Xede
-Fmic
-CAI

CPE:
-Cai
-BOV stuff

Autoexe:
-TMIC
-Catback
-Coilovers
-various chasis bracing

ADDED:
Mazda3Online:
-TMIC (ETS? Can't recall exact producer)
-Rear Motor Mount (AWR)
ADDED:

[/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts