Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December, there was a national xbox promotion going on (in Canada) where you get a free xbox plus 3 games if you buy a Mz3 during that month. When I made a purchase order, the sales manager told me that because my price is "too low" they can not give me this promotional package for free. I always thought that promotions like this are directly from the manufacturer. The guy sounds like the dealership has to pay some money in order to get this promotional package. Is this normal? Or did I just got rip off?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Sounds like BS to me! I am pretty sure the Xbox promotion is a Mazda run promotion, not an individual dealer one. I doubt that Mazda would impose a price restriction/minimum on who gets an Xbox. Other Canadians who got a free Xbox can help you more specifically.

·
Registered
481 Posts
from what I have read over the past month, the the xbox was a $300 value... the dealer had to pay 150 for a system and that 150 would be made back in the price of the vehicle by not giving the buyer much of a discount from MSRP... It was a national promotion, but the dealers were free to recoup that 150 however they saw fit...
anyone else have anymore to throw in here?

·
Registered
85 Posts
its bs

But really, the xbox is "free" but its not. They just put on 150 or 300 dollars onto the selling price of the car. There is no such thing as a free lunch in todays marketplace. It's just a promotion to move units and not subject only to the Mz3.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Kinda like at the grocery store when they say "20% free" but the price of the item is coincidently 20% more than usual.

·
Registered
85 Posts
devilship employees get huge fat bonuses everytime they sell a car MSRP.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
hmm... maybe that's why the guy who sold me my Tribute was so happy to see me when I came back to the dealer to get my "free" keychains.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I smell BS, I'd complain to the business manager or the manager of the dealership itself. If they don't have any Xboxen left, get some accessories for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts