Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to trade my batmanized rear flying "M" emblem for a stock chrome one. If you happen to have a satin black one, even better. :p I've obviously only done one "batmanizing," so it could use a little more sanding here and there, but I didn't want to go too far for fear of screwing up, so I didn't. :lol: You can really only tell the imperfections when you're up close to the hatch. Namely, the top "corners" of the "M" could use a little more sanding to make the tips have a smooth transition, and the tips could use a little more rounding off, but it looks great how it is.

The batman M is a little longer than most, and as such, the bottom tips of the "M" kinda lift away from the edge of the hatch (I tried to take a pic of it, but it's impossible to show since there's no contrast.) It's easily fixable by sanding the tips down to make the emblem shorter, but I liked the longer look and you can't really tell that it's lifted away unless you're really up close.

I did the bleaching procedure to completely remove the chrome, then I sanded it with 1000 grit before painting it with Krylon Fusion, so if you wanted to repaint it, all you'd really need to do is spray the new color on. :)

There is dry silicone glue basically covering the backside of the emblem from when I stuck it back on (it's also held on by pins also), so it'll actually make it easier for the next person to mount since the backside of the emblem is flat, rather than with all those crevices.

I'd like to do a straight up trade for an OEM rear emblem, so you'd slap on a couple of stamps on a padded mailer with your emblem in it and mail it out. The same day that I receive it, I'll do the same and mail mine out.

Pics:

To remove the rear flying M, I heated the emblem up with a hair dryer then used a piece of dental floss to get the emblem off with. There is tape on the entire backside of the emblem and there are two pins in the middle part of the flying "M".

I took this pic right after I removed the emblem and it shows where the emblem was in relevance to the holes. You can actually see the dirt outline of the emblem and where the holes would be on it. The black stuff obviously is tape.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: WTT: Flat Black "Batmanized" Rear Emblem for Stock Chrome (hatches only)

would you be willing to trade the black 'mazda' and '3' for chrome ones? also, now that i think of it i have a chrome M that i could give you as well.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'd be willing to take the rear chrome M (granted if you have a hatch), but I'm keeping the black "mazda" and "3" emblems, sorry.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

Ill do it...

(btw the emblems are the same for hatch/sedan but i also have sets taken off a hatch, will even take pics to show u the badgeless hatch)

·
Registered
2 Posts

pretty slick!

·
Registered
206 Posts

ill do it if your deal falls through i have 06 hatch with stock emblem tell me when.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

[quote author=drknsurfur link=topic=134446.msg2890703#msg2890703 date=1232958214]
ill do it if your deal falls through i have 06 hatch with stock emblem tell me when.
[/quote]

I was only going to do it because i have like 5 extra stock emblems, ( was only trying to help you out )

he can have it, he is actually gunna use it.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

blankets, I'll go with your suggestion and trade with drknsurfur. Thanks for offering though, much appreciated. :)

drknsurfur, you have PM.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts

:closed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.