Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a hitch for my 05 3 hatch, if anyone has one they wish to get rid of let me know please.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sent you a PM. I have a uhaul hitch that was on my 3 sedan and was only on for a couple months. Let me know if your still interested.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=spnkr21 link=topic=138312.msg2981458#msg2981458 date=1236520711]
I sent you a PM. I have a uhaul hitch that was on my 3 sedan and was only on for a couple months. Let me know if your still interested.
[/quote]

Sent you a PM back.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
[quote author=mike link=topic=138312.msg3159334#msg3159334 date=1244060210]
[quote author=Commie link=topic=138312.msg3158361#msg3158361 date=1244012128]
Anybody else have a hitch they want to sell? :)
[/quote]

I just ordered this hitch that appears to be on liquidation. Best price I've seen by far. Their eBay store has a ton of good feedback so the site seems legit.

http://owensclassicinternational.com/ph55185.html
[/quote]

Oooo good find! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
That is a steal!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got the hitch in the mail but I'm waiting for the rain to go away to install it. Hope it's not too hard to install.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Search and you'll find some instructions on here...

·
Registered
347 Posts
speaking of hitches....how much can we tow with our mazdas? I have a 2004 Mazda 3 hatchback. I know my class 1 hitch says I can tow up to 1800 lbs with it but I also read online that the mazda 3 does not have any towing capability. I towed a 800 lb steel flatbed trailer with a GSXR-750 on it and it was okay but I don't know how much stress it's putting on the transmission and the suspension. Have not tried towing the Can Am Spyder yet. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Check what the UK specs are...they're allowed to tow and with smaller motors than what you have (2.3l). My feeling is that the NA Mazda lawyers say no towing for legal reasons. If the person lost control or had the car overloaded, they might try to blame Mazda in some fashion.

I believe that 1500 would be your max. If you do plan on towing often with your 3, I would suggest investing in an ATX cooler as a safeguard. The suspension should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PLaced my order today, I'll try to get some pictures posted as soon as I get it installed.

After my order they showed 34 in stock...

Mike: Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Search the forum, you'll find pictures of the hitch installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wonder if this would fit my 2008? Did something change under the rear end in 2008? The site lists this application for up to 2007. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a hitch on my 2008 sedan and it looks awesome. the only part you can see is the square receiver. the only thing thats a pain in the butt was the install. i recommend having an extra set of hands there to help you install it. it takes longer than they claim in this video for sure...but now that its on, i can carry my bikes wherever whenever. :) this video is for the 2005 install, but it was the exact same for the 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVVsdseIfMY#

1 - 20 of 20 Posts