Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
dont buy a cheap tourque wrench!!!!!!!!!!!! or a used one, you might have tp recalibrate it anyways

spend some money and get a dencent one. it is a high precusion tool. dont cheap out on it or it will cheap out on you

·
Registered
22,485 Posts
yeah i borrow my step pops 350 dollar snap on torque wrench..lifetime free calibration too, he gets it recalibrated once a month, being that he is a bus mech. its gets its share of usage..

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
i talked with someone who use to calibrate them and he said the cheaper models were always off by qute a bit.

I personally went with a sears tourque wrnech. it runs for about 100 cdn

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
the harbor freight one says that its accurate to within +/- 4%, for the weekend mechanic, that will probably be more than sufficient. If you are using it all the time, you'd be best served to get a better one, but if you're only using it to work on your daily driver car, no need to go overboard on it. I wouldn't expect the Harbor freight one to be that accurate in 10 years after daily use, but for what you want, it would probably work. I personally spent about $40 on mine, and I'm very happy with it, but I buy all my tools like I plan on keeping them for the rest of my life (if I don't lose it. . . ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts