Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a pair of power mirrors, drivers side and passenger side. Color doesn't matter as I can still use my caps. However, I do prefer an artic white one. Condition should be working.

I drive a 2004 Mazda 3 Sedan, but from what the local dealer was telling me, all years and model (hatch or sedan) will fit my car.

Let me know if anyone has a set.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for the entire unit. Meaning I need the mirror/glass, the black housing, the cap (if its white), the motor etc... the works.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=Swoosh_M3 link=topic=138931.msg2995058#msg2995058 date=1237093455]
I'm looking for the entire unit. Meaning I need the mirror/glass, the black housing, the cap (if its white), the motor etc... the works.

Thanks! :)
[/quote]

All I have is the glass from when I swapped to heated. Are you replacing because yours are damaged, or are you trying to add power mirrors to a manual mirrored car?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Does the wiring harness in the door have the connectors for both the mirror and the switch controls?
You might need a door panel and 2 door wiring harness' as well if you are converting.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=138931.msg2995546#msg2995546 date=1237139855]
Does the wiring harness in the door have the connectors for both the mirror and the switch controls?
You might need a door panel and 2 door wiring harness' as well if you are converting.
[/quote]

That's what I was curious about.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. The cars don't come pre-wired for power mirrors and switches. Anyone with manual mirrors would requires a complete modification adding the power package in order for this to work.

My car has the correct wires and switches in place because I purchased the parts. I'm just finishing up my power mods :)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=Swoosh_M3 link=topic=138931.msg2996357#msg2996357 date=1237169040]
Thanks for the replies. The cars don't come pre-wired for power mirrors and switches. Anyone with manual mirrors would requires a complete modification adding the power package in order for this to work.

My car has the correct wires and switches in place because I purchased the parts. I'm just finishing up my power mods :)
[/quote]

Good for you. Hopefully you've done some good photo documentation as I'm sure there are lots of people who would be interested in the process. Oh and if you're adding all of the OEM wiring to the mirrors then that should also include wiring for heated mirrors. So if you do then all you'd need for heated mirrors is either to: a) install heated mirror housings that plug directly to the stock wiring in the door at ~$200 for the pair of housings, or b) install heated glass in a standard power housing and run the wire from the glass to the mirror side of the plug to the door harness.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
:locked:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.