· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front Lip - WTB
Rally Armor Flaps - WTB
Short Shifter - WTB
Heavy Shift Knob - WTB
Shark Fin Antenna - WTB

I have a cheap ebay stubby antenna but my reception is pathetic.

All is for an 07 3i sedan!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a fat ball knob from strato blue 3 that he made custom a while back. It's steel painted black which is halfway stripped. Just check my thread it will be a few pages back.
If you finish painting it black, I'd buy it.

· Registered
141 Posts
Hmm I could black plasti dip it for you since I have some, but I'm not going to buy paint just to sell it. If I paint it I'm going to make it look like a jawbreaker all white and speckled with all colors and keep it. So if you want it plasti dip I will do it this weekend.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I could black plasti dip it for you since I have some, but I'm not going to buy paint just to sell it. If I paint it I'm going to make it look like a jawbreaker all white and speckled with all colors and keep it. So if you want it plasti dip I will do it this weekend.
I feel like with only half of it stripped, the plasti dip wouldn't look very good

· Registered
141 Posts
The paint is super thin and I can scratch it off with my nails. Ill tell you what ill paint it with plasti dip just for the hell of it and send you pics if u don't like no sweat. I can peel it off plus I'm curious if would displace heat in the summer time so my knob isn't 120 degrees.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, I feel like plasti dip would wear out quickly if you were constantly grabbing it/handling it and it would leave that horrific smell on your hands? hm.. idk keep me posted

· Registered
141 Posts
Not trying to be a salesman but you do know people plasti dip there cars and wheels right? I'm actually going to be dipping my wheels in a neon color with a gloss or pearl finish, haven't decided on the finish yet. Anyways I don't think it would come off or smell but that's just me and my experience from dipping. Ill send u pics once I do it and like I said don't feel obligated to buy it, cuz the more I think about it I will probably just keep once done and use it as a summer knob for the heat displacement.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No trust me, half of my car is plasti dipped lol. I have done my fair share of dipping. My wheels are even plasti dipped as well. I'm not saying that it will definitely smell or fade but when people dip their cars with it, they arent constantly rubbing it like you would if you were shifting.

Whats your asking price on the knob?

· Registered
199 Posts
the plasti dip should be fine on the knob its not like you are actually rubbing it while driving or shifting unless you have a sloppy fish hand that cant grasp things, otherwise I shift with a solid grip myself. I like the thought of heat control as well never thought of that.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On a side note are your wheels just the flat black dip? Cuz I haven't used their pearl or gloss finish yet and was just curious if you have.
My wheels are flat but our local stores started selling the glossifier in cans so i picked up a couple. I sprayed over small parts of my car, misc. items just to see the results. I mean.. It definitely gives it a shine, but if you're looking for the 'buffed clear coat' gloss look, you're going to be disappointed. Like I said, it basically just gives it a shine.

I'd be interested in seeing the results of the knob when you're done with it. And possibly buying it if you dont love it too much lol

· Registered
141 Posts
Here are some pics, I don't want to remove it from the the stock shifter til tomorrow so I'm 100% positive its dry. There is alot of coats so don't want to take any chances. Also i'm on the fence of even selling this now on how it came out, I like it a lot and might just keep it.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah that does look really good. Be carefully unscrewing it from the shaft. Make sure it breaks away without peeling any of the dip from the base.

If you decide to sell it or your stainless steel one, just let me know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.