Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a pothole on the highway last week and bent the rim on my front left side. Now the car has a slight vibration and it's driving me nuts! I went from a smooth ride to an annoying vibration in the blink of an eye. Not to mention, the sound and jolt of hitting the hole scared the shit out of me!
:lol:

Anyway...the condition of my rims is poor. I have curbed them all at one time or another and scratches are numorous. Basically what I'm looking for is something of similar condition, as I want to pay the least amount I can to replace this. I'm sure someone out there has some hacked up rims they wouldn't mind getting rid of! As long as it's not bent and rolls true, I'm interested in purchasing. Thanks!

Oh yeah...'04 hatch if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have scratched one of mine and would like to get a better once (since the rest of them are perfect). I am in Illinois and I have the summer tires and OE rims off for the winter. I need to do some research first to let you know a price. What were you thinking of paying? I know you want to go cheap, but I will still need to find another rim...

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's just it...I'm not sure what the value of these rims are in poor to fair condition. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. I guess we could start with what they sell for brand new and figure out a fair price from there.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
i have a nice rim im looking to get rid of for $100, and i have a mangled one with tire, but i dont know if i want to get rid of it (it rolls straight and true, i have used it as a full size spare).

the bad:

the good:

im real disapointed in you jim, i thought you took good care of your car :?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I used to, but it's tough living in Michigan and keeping your car looking nice. I suppose if I lived in a warm climate I'd care more, but I kind of lost my love affair with this car a year or so ago. I only washed it a few times last summer, and I think maybe waxed it once in the last year. After a the few curbings while parking, various tire rotations and more curbing, along with road hazards scractching up my rims, I also stopped caring about the condition of my rims.

I suppose some of this has to do with not having a garage any more. The first year and a half that I owned my car, I had a garage to park it in. I was VERY anal about keeping in clean. But now I don't have that luxury, and parking outside in Michigan really sucks. Where I work and park my car is a VERY dirty environment. My car was covered with a light film of dust every day last summer. Also, I drive on a lot of dirt roads. I guess that's part of the trade off of being a photographer...sometimes it calls for abuse of your vehicle! haha Anyway, as of now, I just don't have the motivation to try to keep it clean any more. Don't get me wrong, a good wash and waxing will have her looking like new, as I still have no major scratches in the paint and maybe one tiny door ding, but there's that motivation thing.

Well, $100 seems pretty fair for a rim in decent condition. Only problem with you is your location and shipping price. I can handle driving to anyone within a 250 mile radius of me, so that might work out better. However, do you have any idea what shipping would cost? If it's affordable, I may consider it.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
well what rim are you interested in? both have been sitting for around a year now so any reasonable offer is extra cash in my pocket. i was thinking $100 shipped for the nice one, and $80 for the scratched one (depending on shipping cost).

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$100 in total, including shipping? That sounds pretty decent.

Hmm...sounds like we have a potential triangular deal here. haha fascin8d1 needs a nice replacement, and your "good" rim looks to be the one, and I wouldn't mind taking a scratched one, so HIS might be the one for me. Can we work this deal? fascin8d1, I could drive to your area to purchase it from you, although it would have to be for less than $100. Maybe $75? In the end, you'd pay $25 for a good replacement rim (Nate's).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=66078.msg1134782#msg1134782 date=1168026112]
wait, im confused. i only get $25 for my rim, and who is buying my rim (scratched or good)?
[/quote]

No, that's not it. I said I was offering HIM $75 for his scratched rim, and then he'd give YOU $100 for your good rim. In the end, all he'd pay is $25 for a better rim than he has.

By the way, those prices are still negotiable, right? ;)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What happened to fascin8td? Still want to get rid of that rim? What about you, furanku? How much are you asking? I'd like to see pics if you've got 'em.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
is the bent rim in the front or rear? If it's in the front, I'd recommend putting it in the rear so you don't feel the vibration as much. That is until you find a replacement 8) . Michigan is hell on rims I managed to get 3 bent rims on my previous car in one winter :x

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
hrmm.....and i just lowered my car too.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
just watch the potholes :wink: . You should be ok, we have 50 series tires, my previous car had 45 series and had less sidewall to protect against bent rim.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a wheel with OEM tire (RS/A) for sale if you are interested. The treadwear is fair, and with a penny, I can see Lincoln's forehead, but not his hair. The rim cleans up nice. It is not scratched, but does have a very minor curb rash that is about an inch long. I live in Detroit. Picture is posted below.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll give you $75, minus the tire, AND I'll come and get it from you. I don't need the tire as I don't have RSA's on my rims.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts