Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew I was running rich this whole time, but damn!

Maybe I got the 2.3 map for my 2.0? Either way, when cruising, the gauge is pinned at 10. The gauge reads from 10-17.99. It doesn't flicker around 10, so it's really really rich.

That might be why I've been getting 15mpg. Just a hunch. :shock:

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
how long have you been running that rich for?

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Are you checking to see if there are other corrections made. I know when it got really cold out here there were fuel correction made from both the coolant map and the temp map that were making some very very rich readings while cruising. Aftere alittle tuning everything was fine at cruise.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been running rich since I installed the kit.

I had to swap out my filthy spark plugs already when the car stopped running.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
be happy that nothing went really bad.

u couldnt not tune it? u do have a wide band?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"the gauge is pinned at 10"
gauge - yes

I've been tinkering a little to smooth out the idle, but just installed the wideband.

·
Registered
596 Posts
anyone have other maps for the 3. im still working on the only map i got. same problem here as you qwaz

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
You guys are doing well getting a cold weather map together, this will really help others down the road.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine was taking 3-4 tries to get it running in the cold, and wouldn't run at all when the temp dropped below -30C.

I think it'll be easier to calibrate it to get a good stable idle now that I have the wideband in.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
cold start is really damn easy if you have the wideband and gauge to use.....really, really easy. now, tweaking for temp correction for driving could take some time, but coolant temp correction is basic.

interesting realization....think the coldest my 6 has seen since HiBoost is ....maybe 35?

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
It might be alittle hard for some but it is best to lock down your idle AFR before you adjust your cold start maps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts