Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
birdy said:
http://superlumination.com/headlights.htm

i found this site and ordered some of the interior bulbs from him, i will tell you how it goes and all, and if you got the mazda 3 without xenon i would try the bulbs out
it would be less than 10 bucks
Hey Birdy,

Sorry for sounding like a skeptic, but I'm a firm believer that you pay for what you get. If the bulbs are cheap in price...chances are they could be cheap in quality and may have the potential of damaging any wiring or harness of the headlight unit. With that said, $2.99 is a good experiment price :) . Let us know how you fare with the results.

Spencer

·
Registered
77 Posts
The main worry with cheap bulbs is explosion of capsule in the headlight system. Explosion of the capsule will scratch the interior of the projector ruining the light accuracy and then it becomes expensive to clean and replace.

·
Registered
168 Posts
a_kaup said:
The main worry with cheap bulbs is explosion of capsule in the headlight system. Explosion of the capsule will scratch the interior of the projector ruining the light accuracy and then it becomes expensive to clean and replace.
AGREED with a_kaup!

Be careful and good luck Birdy.

Spencer

·
Registered
744 Posts
I had a cheap replacement brake light/tail light bulb heat up enough that it melted the plastic around the light bulb connector and the bulb melted into it. I went without a tail light for 2 weeks while the dealership ordered a new wire harness for the tail light and it cost me $20. I would think that a head light harness would be even more expensive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you think i am gonna tyr them out on my 3 first?? you gotta be kidding me

i have a dune buggy for all my testing 8)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hey birdy can you tell me the bulb numbers for the interior lights? for the front and rear dome lights. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
birdy said:
you think i am gonna tyr them out on my 3 first?? you gotta be kidding me

i have a dune buggy for all my testing 8)
GOOD CALL.

Spencer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts