Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if a mazdaspeed6 valve cover would fiit on my 2006 mazda3 i-model 2.0L? I wanna know cuz there is one for sale on ebay and I definately want to pick it up if it will fit? Not sure if there will be any power gains, but I'm not really looking for performance out of it but more to get rid of that black hard plastic looking one for one that looks a lil nicer. In my lack of knowledge with valve cover replacement, it looks like it would fit but, dunno.soooo, can anybody with some knowledge with this issue let me know if it would fit and if it does what I might encounter from the swap pros/cons? thanks. kevin

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
wait wth are you talking about lol. are you talking about the plastic engine cover or the actual metal top part of the engine...i dont think its the same engine otherwise it wont fit and if it IS the same engine how the hell would it add or detract from power if its the same blasted thing lol. even worse if its the plastic cover how could it possibly add power O_O please reword post and maybe include a pic as to what your talking about. im trying to help i really am i just dunno what your talking about

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Marne_Aeok link=topic=139281.msg3001422#msg3001422 date=1237371256]
wait wth are you talking about lol. are you talking about the plastic engine cover or the actual metal top part of the engine...i dont think its the same engine otherwise it wont fit and if it IS the same engine how the hell would it add or detract from power if its the same blasted thing lol. even worse if its the plastic cover how could it possibly add power O_O please reword post and maybe include a pic as to what your talking about. im trying to help i really am i just dunno what your talking about
[/quote]

YOU pretty much got it all backwards dude. I want it for the looks not power, you read it wrong. I said I said I didn't want it for power. and I said the 3i is the plastic one and the MS6 is aluminum which looks so much better and thats why I want it to get rid of the plastic one.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
like i said i was trying to help in THAT case still post a pic to see if the shit will work lol.

·
Registered
536 Posts
YEAH......just wanted to add to the caps attacks

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
yes it will fit. may require slight modification though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Verto link=topic=139281.msg3002808#msg3002808 date=1237416785]
yes it will fit. may require slight modification though.
[/quote]
actually, said to say it won't. :wtc: I went to the dealer today and talked to the mechs and they said its bigger because of the bigger head, BUT the block is the same, SOOOOOOOO what about buying the valve cover and head from him. bigger head= bigger gain? maybe? anyone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts