Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 5 door hatchback, Skyactive 2.0. It didn't come with fog lights. I want to install them. I bought the switch module online that has the fog light switch. Are the cars built with existing wiring? Mazda dealer says I need a 300 dollar upgrade "kit". I can get the light inserts much cheaper online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just added fog lights to my 2016! Easy!!!!! Wiring was already there! Pop out the existing black covers (where the fog lights go) and you will see the connectors ready for your new lights! Switch on column was easy too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you end up going with what the dealer mentioned to you? I just purchased the fog light w/o auto lights switch from Mazda and they mentioned the steering wheel is not wired correctly and the switch wont work. I purchased spyder lights from TDotperformance. Now I'm wondering if i actually have purchase & install everything from the dealer or if they are just trying to pull a fast one on me

I have a '14 3GS hatch that didn't come with fogs but behind the fog light bezel there are the bulb sockets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the spyder fog lights at NEWEGG.com for $95. and a new directional arm with the fog light control on ebay for $35. I mounted the lights and plugged them into the existing Factory foglight harness on my 2014 Mazda3 Hatch, swapped out the old directional arm with the one from ebay, and now I have working fog lights. It all took about 20-30 minutes with just a Philips and regular screwdriver.
The dealer wanted over $300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts