Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hatch... I found a very good deal on wheels... but they're a bit over sized for our cars maybe?

17x9
5x114.3
Offset 45.

I am planning to lower my car with Eibach pro-kit with Koni yellow... would it fit if I roll the fender? Or if I get them on... I can't lower them? Please drop a line... thanks.

Mack

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
you can certainly put them on but they will definately rub. even if you're not lowered.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
not gonna work, sorry, it will be a dangerous amount of rubbing, you might cut a tire, the wheel will extend an extra 39 mm (thats over an inch and a half) from your stock wheel, and may rub on the inside too (it'll extend a full inch further inward too). WAY too wide for our car

remember, our stock wheels are 6.5" wide. 8" wide wheels can be done if they have a crazy high offset (RX8 wheels) but you're trying to go a full inch WIDER than the widest wheel I know to have fit on our car without rubbing. I know they may look like a good deal, but its not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
^^^ 17x9 or 17x anything could be for RWD, its the offsets that typically give away whether a car is RWD or FWD.

But yeah 17x9 is way too wide....even if you rolled the fenders you might actually rub on the inside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=72400.msg1276795#msg1276795 date=1174332211]
I was happy. Now, I am sad. :(
[/quote]keep an eye on the bigger wheel thread for pics 17x9 with 35 offset madness first pics no drop next week pics with drop

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=72400.msg1759507#msg1759507 date=1191538529]
I have 17x8 and ET48. I can't go too low or it's gonna rub. So this definitely won't fit.
[/quote]
Ive got the same setup, and any wider in the rear would result in rubbing on the lower control arm. If you take a look at your current setup, youll see how tight the clearance is there.

·
Registered
26,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I know. I had my rear at -1.4 camber... it was too positive and rubbed easily whenever I take corners hard. Now I adjusted it back to -2 and rolled the rear, no rubbing at all, no matter how fast I take the corner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts