Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what else to get for my car. I wanted a CF hood but seeing the price and seeing the difference in weight i can't justify my self to spend 500-600 just to get nice looks that can be achieved differently. I want to do something else performance wise but i don't know what. I sat in my friends mz3 2.3 and he knows how to flat shift and i love how it feels. I am thinking of getting a WOT box but what are the pros and what are the cons.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
no cons that i can see, launch 2-step is awesome.. its set it and forget it. never have to worry about where your launching, just put in the clutch and mash the gas in. flat foot shifting is the car gods gift to big turbo's.

plus you can drive without it if you want so its not really a permanent thing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The WOT Box is bad ass and I'm about to order it

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but then again i hear and see more of a gain for boosted cars than N/A. I don't know how much of a gain there is for a N/A car besides feeling the car pull harder.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waste Of Time box...jk
Wide Open Throttle. Basically when you have your car floored.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=134077.msg2881828#msg2881828 date=1232597297]
I know what WOT stands for. That doesn't explain what a WOT "box" is, or does.
[/quote]

wot box:

-2-step launch control. program a certain rpm and when you floor the gas at 100% wot, it holds the revs there for launching. also helpful for building boost (not so much when you have fwd though, i already spin all the way through 2nd as it is)

-flat foot shifting. when at 100% throttle, hold the gas down ALL THE WAY and dont let up on the gas when you shift. the wot box senses your tps at 100% and cuts your ignition when the clutch is in. easier to shift and hold boost through the shift. at 10psi i only lost 1psi through shifting.

and yeah 2.0, it imo would be more advantageous for turbod cars, especially flat foot to hold boost, but launch control is sweet action if you got the money to blow on it. its a fun little toy :)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
It's worthless on a N/A car. I had it on my Mz3 and it was fun and I only got it since I planned to boost it. The only thing that really was worth the money was the 2-step. Made for consistent launches at my autox's. Now that it's in my MS6 it's worth every penny. 4500rpm 2-step launches are a rush. And the WOT feature makes for no boost loss between shifts.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=Sokool link=topic=134077.msg2881846#msg2881846 date=1232597731]
It's worthless on a N/A car. I had it on my Mz3 and it was fun and I only got it since I planned to boost it. The only thing that really was worth the money was the 2-step. Made for consistent launches at my autox's. Now that it's in my MS6 it's worth every penny. 4500rpm 2-step launches are a rush. And the WOT feature makes for no boost loss between shifts.
[/quote]
Well i can launch pretty good or at least i think so. Like you said though without the box my launches won't be consistent but its not like i race all the time. If i won't cut my 1/4 time with it then i guess its just money down the drain or just something to mess around with.
So what other mods should i look for then, performance wise.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol:...i wish it was that easy.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
save for the standback2!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the one that cp-e is releasing?
if so then that's already on the list.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
then get an intake manifold.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
doing the vtcs mod which i will do gives the same HP gain or almost the same as getting a new manifold. At least from what i remember....
-crank pulley may be next if midevil comes out with one. Sr motorsports is just too dam expensive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts