Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can use this thread to post ALL of the many awards this car will win :)

Make sure you state the country also.

I'll start in the next post.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edmunds.com Editors' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2004 (USA)
Most Wanted Sedan Under $15,000
Winner: Mazda 3

With its sharp looks, agile handling and unique interior design, the Mazda 3 threatens to give the term "economy car" a good name. Like the Protegé that it replaces, the 3 is a thrill behind the wheel thanks to a precisely tuned suspension, quick steering and strong brakes. Throw in two of the most powerful engines in its class and it's easy to see why we're big fans of this new sedan. But this Mazda is about more than just performance, as it features a stylish interior that goes beyond pure functionality to deliver a setup that not only works well but looks good, too. For the price, you would be hard-pressed to find a better four-door sedan on the market than the Mazda 3.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
We gotta wait until the awards trickle in...
and until the car actually comes out :p

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can read, and write croatian/bosnian/serbian/yugoslavian so I can translate any articles if ya have from those reviews in those languages. HEHE

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes! The Mazda3 just won "Best New Economy Car" in the 2004 AJAC Car Of The Year awards. :D

From the MazdaCanada website:
Good news travels fast…

Mazda3 has just won a Canadian Car of the Year Award for “Best New Economy Car” presented by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
Edit:
My bad - Mazda actually won 4 AJAC awards :shock: .
From CanadianDriver.com
Mazda was the big winner with four awards - Best New Economy Car: Mazda3 sedan; Best New Family Vehicle: Mazda6; Best New Sports Coupe (under $35,000): Mazda3 Sport; and Best New Sports/Performance Vehicle: Mazda RX-8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
European Car Of The Year competition

For those of you who may not know, Mazda3 has ranked 2nd on the European Car Of The Year competition with 241 points, right after Fiat Panda (281 points). Heads Up :) :D 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right! Mazda3 reached the 2nd rank with 241 points as the new Volkswagen Golf V:

1st -> Fiat Panda (281 points)
2nd -> Mazda3 and VW Golf V (241 points)
3rd -> (no 3rd place because 2 cars on 2nd)
4th -> Toyota Avensis (219 points)
5th -> Open Meriva (213 points)
6th -> BMW 5 (144 points)
7th -> Nissan Micra (111 points)

http://www.caroftheyear.org/

Award winning status in other european countries:

Car Of The Year 2004 -> Croatia (Nov 03)
Car Of The Year -> Turkey (Nov 03)
Car of The Year 2004 -> Czech Republic (Nov 03)
Car of The Year 2004 -> Denmark (Oct 03)

I like Mazda!!!

:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts