Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
It looks better than I would have expected. Personally, I think you should take off the pieces on the glovebox and surrounding the center air vents - they stand out a little too much, IMHO. I really do think the console/center stack and window switch trim look quite good, though. It skews the look more toward luxo instead of sport. Maybe not what everyone would want, but I say nice job. :p

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
as long as you like it?

you should get a wood grain steering wheel too :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The steering wheel would look good but probably a bitch to match.. I will try to post a pix with a real digital camera.. The actual color is more yellow...It looks a bit orangey in the photo... Here is a night pic..

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Although I personally would not get that, I think its an amazing clean job. The person who made this did an amazing job. It's very presentable. I am just not a fan of wood in cars, then again. Many people are not a fan of my car but what matters is that I like it. So the same applies to you, as long as you like this. You rock that dashboard man. It's unique and thats quite something in itself.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I like it in moderation. To me, there are too many pieces. Dash strip and window switch plates would be better to me. And since the interior is black maybe a darker shade. It's nice that it's real wood so the quality is there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=madmax12ca link=topic=136065.msg2931109#msg2931109 date=1234416993]
Although I personally would not get that, I think its an amazing clean job. The person who made this did an amazing job. It's very presentable. I am just not a fan of wood in cars, then again. Many people are not a fan of my car but what matters is that I like it. So the same applies to you, as long as you like this. You rock that dashboard man. It's unique and thats quite something in itself.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot. I actually did it myself and I am by no stretch of the imagination, mechanically skilled. I just took my time... However, I may remove the dash piece by the HAZARD button. I just hope it doesn't leave a residue that I can't take off...!! :shock: :shock: :x

I do have to say, I think the photo's really don't do it justice...It looks better in person..

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=136065.msg2931260#msg2931260 date=1234425110]
Sorry man, but to me that looks like ass :)
[/quote]

No worries!! To each his own!! :knockout: just kidding...! :p

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
As long as you like it, thats all that matters...btw besides the thule ski attachment, are the other pieces factory OEM installed?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not my style, but it doesn't look too bad.

I would remove the wood thing from your glove box handle... looks out of place...

Interesting look though - seems you took your time installing it.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
though i prefer brushed aluminium, i would take off the wood from vents, glovebox handle and the emblem (?).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts