Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) I know, I know... Just want to see how it turns out... A little touch of wood... BTW, it's real wood trim, not synthetic material.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is that like the difference between real pleather and fake pleather? ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes, please post pics as soonas you've installed it, I'm very curious.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. Just curious about one thing, doesn't the title say "dash kit". Is it just the door panels? Wonder how it would look on black interior. Probably works better on lighter interior.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can buy the whole dash kit but I just want the door panel pieces (28 pieces)...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Contrasts well with the light colored interior.

Looking sharp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That looks pretty good in the 3i. I was wondering if you where putting it in a 3s and I'm glad to see you didn't. :D

I love the carbon fiber look to accent things (no hoods or spoilers here, just some trim maybe) and I'm waiting for someone to do it in an S to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I just e-mailed the guys who did the wood kit and am asking prices on the kit. If it's reasonable I'm ordering the straight carbon kit. It will look nice with the blue accent lights I'm planning on putting in. Kind of like the one under the dash by the stick.

Hasta :p

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
It looks very tasteful and elegant with the beige interior. Where are the other 24 pieces?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Nice with the beige....If I put one of these in it will be the billet aluminum kit. It will be nice with the inside silver door handle and the black interior. I also asked for a quote....waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Yes, a billet aluminum kit would look nice without being gaudy, like the colored Mazda door/instrument pieces might be IMO.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is one trick to install these dash pieces: warm it up with a hair dryer (don't over heat them!), this will soften the trim a bit so it'll "curve" with the OE surface.

I also find this kit in eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33705&item=2456094173

Don't know about the quality of it but it has more pieces and cheaper...

It looks very tasteful and elegant with the beige interior. Where are the other 24 pieces?
I only ordered these 4 pieces because I don't want to over do it... The original trim and material on the Mazda3 is very good, a small touch of wood gives a bit of "warm" and "cozy" feeling to the interior.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
A few trim pieces to spruce up the interior is ok.

But that is just plain sick.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts