Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the manual, but cannot find the capacity for the wiper fluid. I got a fresh gallon and added a little to my F-150 and the rest to the 3. I'll assume it's capacity is 1 U.S. gallon. It is a tiny little fill tube, but it's like a hollow leg on a skinny kid at the snack shop.

Thanks for the input! :?:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I know I only am able to put half a jug of washer fluid in the 3. I'm used to be able to put all the jug in my previous cars so it's a little disappointing. Plus the fact that I have the hatch and that front and back nozzles use the same washer fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
21 Posts
According to the Mazda3 brochure the capacity of the washer fluid tank is
4 liters which = 1.0566882 gallon [US, liquid]

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
the_toaster said:
According to the Mazda3 brochure the capacity of the washer fluid tank is
4 liters which = 1.0566882 gallon [US, liquid]
There's no way I'm able to fill 4 liters on juice in that tank. Either they changed the tank or I ended up with a hobbit tank. :?

·
Registered
314 Posts
What I hate is that they changed the system for checking the liquid... the 2000 Protege was way better with the floting foam thingie... now, it's actually a dip stick.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My 2002 Pro5 had the dipstick which I liked myself. At any rate my washer fluid lite had just started to blink a little and I got a good solid 3L of washer fluid into it. Maybe your aren't that low when you fill up M3?

·
Registered
239 Posts
i put in 3/4 of a gallon yesterday. When it got down to 1/4 they were squirting out only half way.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
cowtown said:
My 2002 Pro5 had the dipstick which I liked myself. At any rate my washer fluid lite had just started to blink a little and I got a good solid 3L of washer fluid into it. Maybe your aren't that low when you fill up M3?
My light is on when I fill it up plus the dipstick shows nothing left..... :?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine also shows a dry dipstick when the light comes on.

I haven't tried to skip a refill when the light comes on; there's way too much crap coming on my windshield these days to risk it!

I have noticed that the back nozzle stops working immediately when the light comes on, too. Kind of annoying, since the light comes on so quickly!

·
Registered
314 Posts
One thing is for sure... the tank in the Mazda3 is way smaller than the tank in previous Protege. I don't remember having to fill the tank more than once per winter with my protege and I'm only 2 weeks into driving the Mazda3 and I'm already at empty.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, one tank for the whole winter?

You sure don't drive much on our local highways... I'm already at my 5th refill in under a month.

BTW, I took the gamble on refilling it when the warning light came on this morning... I ran out of juice on the highway 2 hours later, after about 10-12 uses.

I was convinced I'd be able to empty a whole jug in there after that; nope! It took about 90% of it, then started overflowing. Geez!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
fleecy said:
I was convinced I'd be able to empty a whole jug in there after that; nope! It took about 90% of it, then started overflowing. Geez!
Then it's exactly te same size as the PRO's - mine takes almost a full 4L jug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts