Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this crazy deel for brigstone blizak ws50 tires but my questions is will i have a problem with them because they are 215/55/r17. Has any one try to run a set up like this on stock wheels? If yes did you scrape your wheel well on bumps or any other issues with running a taller tire on stock mazda 3 rims??? Thanks guys for any advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Snow Tires Help!!

I need snow tires for my 3. Which are the very best ones and where should I buy them?
I've got Goodyear Eagle P205/50R17 on it now. They call them "All Weather". I call them "No Weather"
I'm stuck in my own driveway. Helllpp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A little late for Otto3

I have the 17's on my three as well. I went the wheel/tire route myself. I bought 205/55/16's Bridgestone LM-25's mounted on alum wheels from the Tire Rack. All four mounted and balanced for 8 bills. And I don't need anyone scarring my decent wheels unnecessarily. I just bought a 2010 Subaru Outback and it is not as good as the 3 on snows. Further, I can replace the crappy Goodyears with better tires that cost a lot less. Sorry I didn't see you post sooner.

David

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I need snow tires for my 3. Which are the very best ones and where should I buy them?
I've got Goodyear Eagle P205/50R17 on it now. They call them "All Weather". I call them "No Weather"
I'm stuck in my own driveway. Helllpp.
I drive a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3.

I live in San Francisco and I go snowboarding a lot during the winter, so I run dedicated sets of tires.

For the winter, I'm rocking a set of Dunlop Winter Sport 3D, on 1st gen Mazda 3 16inch 5-spoke wheels, 205/60/16.

The Dunlops have turned my Mazdaspeed 3 into a snowmobile and they are absolutely awesome in the cold/slush/snow. I have read that many reviews rate the Winter Sport and Blizzaks neck and neck, with most giving the edge to Blizzaks.

However, I chose the Dunlops because I still need the tires to somewhat perform in the warm and dry climate of San Francisco. They're a far cry from summer tires, and even all-season tires, but they hold their own in the dry.

So if you want a dedicated winter tires with a slight dry characteristic, go with the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D. If you are not expecting dry/warmer climate, and want to maximize snow grip, Bridgestone Blizzaks then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a set of Hankook Ipike's and Instead of being scared driving in the first snowstorm..... I didn't want to go home, I smashed around the block a few times :alaugh: fun fun .

·
Registered
757 Posts
everyone seems scared to drive in the snow, I freakin love the snow on the roads, dont have snow tires on the 3 yet, wasnt sure if I was getting a winter beater or my new subaru yet. Still have to turn with a hint of e-brake:chuckles:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts