Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get hit by it?
I work till midnight, and go stuck in a huge drift on the way home.
Took forever to rock out of it, but she made it eventually. Got home 2 hours and 15 minutes later than usual.
She's shaking like crazy now, wheels are unbalanced. I don't think i lost a balance clip, but who knows, might just be excess snow on the wheels...

·
Registered
53 Posts
ya i got it with the snow storm also..i was off so i just stayed home which was nice

·
Registered
28 Posts
BINGO!! my car is shaking like nuts 40+mph so i came on here to figure out what the matter and you beat me to it. this storm sucks and this 3 is def. not made for 7 inches of snow. lol

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
yeah classes here have been canceled for the past 2 days. Today warmed up a bit though and a lot started melting, the trees look pretty amazing though, like they are made out of crystals! I'll post some pics up here in a sec

·
Registered
568 Posts
yeah it was bad here too. i pretty much got stuck going up hill on my way home from work. made me tell myself "This is why i'm going to buy snow tires"

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nasty here too..........mid central Indiana....got 17 inches!!!! Although didn't have to go out in it since work was called off. Did a lot of shoveling of the driveway though!!!!!!!! Nice pictures DangerMouse.........that looks really pretty. More snow to come this week-end....UGH!!

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
thanks, yeah my car has like a 2 1/2 inch coat of ice on the windshield/headlights/etc I haven't moved it since Monday (before the storm). I'm to lazy to try and get all the ice off! Hopefully it warms up a bit before the next snowfall

·
Registered
417 Posts
Keep our fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Got hit hard here in Indy too. My car shook like crazy at 40mph +. Like the worst case of mis-balanced tires x 3!! I knew everything was ok, so I figured there must be snow-turned ice on the inside of my wheels. Sure enough!! I went to mikes and took the high pressure hot water sprayer to each wheel and it drove perfect again. Never had that happen before. Except for the crappy stock Goodyears, it did decent. WIth a nice set of Bridgestone Potenza 009, I should be doing real well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same here.
Went to get a wash after work last night, and she's driving like a dream again.
If I didn't love snowboarding, I'd have no reason to like the winter....

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yeah, the shaking you guys are experiencing is a large amount of ice frozen behind your wheelbase. My whole car trembled and my steering wheel was going nuts on the highway after the storm. I had 5 inches of ice back there...you might need to put it up on a lift in order to reach it all. DO NOT get your wheels aligned or tires re-balanced until you check this...after the ice was knocked off my car drove fine again.

If you are in a hurry, you can drive it through a carwash and it'll hopefully melt or loosen most of it so it will fall off once you start driving.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
[quote author=SicMade3 link=topic=69544.msg1209069#msg1209069 date=1171546646]
^^ We would be driving down the street taking care of customers and people would be running up to us trying to get us to stop and do their driveway, it was insane. [/quote]

hahaha! I was going to do that if I saw one doing someone elses driveway but just for the apron part at the front. Driveway wasnt too bad Wednesday morning because I kept up with it Tuesday night(shoveled 5 times) but the city plows came through and shoved like 3ft of hard packed snow into the front of it. Took me like 2 1/2 hours to get it all out. I would have gladly forked over some cash for a plow to push it out.

Yeah it was a crazy ass storm. Tuesday afternoon when I got home so much snow had already fallen that my bumper was pushing snow in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=69544.msg1216913#msg1216913 date=1171912525]
ahhh crazy slush today!
[/quote]

Yeah big lakes have been forming in parking lots. I am having to drive really carefully around them cause of my CAI.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bit late on the reply but heres some pics of my 3 in some very deep snow. I was in Stevensville, MI when this hit... that area got about the most snow out of the surrounding area - 18". I too had the fun vibrating on the way home... thought a wheel was going to come off or something. Freaked me out :)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I missed this thread, too. But here is my contribution to it. This is in front of my apartment building in Grand Rapids. F'in snow was blowing and drifting like a motherf**cker! (these are actually from March 3rd, but I still wanted to share them)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts