Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good winter floor mats??

I have the mazda3 rubber mats but they suck to say the least. They don't keep much of the snow/salt from getting on your pants.

Driving in Toronto has been frustrating wihtout good mats.

If you live where's there "snow" & "winter" tell me what mat do a good job (if any)...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Winnipeg sure has "snow" and "winter". Our family car just has the factory mats. When I drive it, I just hike up my pant leg.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I got some $15 pair from Canadian Tire that fit well enough, seem to do a half decent job. They are kinda roundy shaped, hard to describe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mats

Get yourself some truck or SUV mats that have the outsde edge higher than the middle section. Many have an outer lip that you can cut to fit close enough to your original design. Wal MArt has them. When they get the snow on them shake them out....they work decent and hold the water away from the floor boards, your windows wont ice over on the inside either when it gets too cold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys!

I will probably be returning the Mazda3 mats this Thursday
(Have an appointment to get auto dimming mirror installed).

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mats

Yup,

I bought the Mazda 3 mats as well. I don't have so much a problem with the pants issue, but more with the salt/crap running onto the carpet underneath. I went to Zellers and bought some $4 carpetted mats to catch it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The stock matts suck in winter condition. They do not hold enough water which means both your pants and interior will be a mess. However, they look like they will be ok summer matts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I bought some cheap mats to use in place of the Mazda ones. They are perfect for spring/summer/fall but useless in winter because they don't hold enough water, etc...

On a side note: The Mazda 3 Winter mats I bought have the hole on the wrong side. I haven't mentioned it to the dealer as of yet. Does anyone else have this same problem??

·
Registered
627 Posts
Winter matts

THE WINTER MATS ARE DANGEROUS.

The mat will slowly move up toward the gas peddle and will stick it down. Don't buy the Mazda 3 all weathers!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: Winter matts

factrzero said:
THE WINTER MATS ARE DANGEROUS.

The mat will slowly move up toward the gas peddle and will stick it down. Don't buy the Mazda 3 all weathers!!
umm.......winter mats r dangerous?

do u mean only the mazda3 all weather mats?
or all the mats in the market?

·
Registered
127 Posts
cowtown said:
I got some $15 pair from Canadian Tire that fit well enough, seem to do a half decent job. They are kinda roundy shaped, hard to describe.
I did the same thing. Picked up some long mats from Canadian Tire, did a bit of minor cutting around the edges, cut a hole for the mat piton, and they're perfect.

In regards to the Mazda mats riding up, I don't see how that can happen. My car has a piton attached to the floor just under the drivers seat, which fits through a hole in the carpet mats and prevents them from sliding up. Do the Mazda winter mats not have a hole for the piton?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yup,

The hole is in the wrong place so the mats won't hold down properly. What were they thinking???

Maybe they will have a recall on them :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts