Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked on the web and the owner's manual and I can't find the sizes of the windshield wipers on a 3 Sport GT (hatch). It's freezing outside and my 3's covered in snow.....anybody knows that?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since nobody answered, I went and dig all the snow. :mad:

For future references...the sizes are 21" on the driver's side and 19" on the passenger side. :roll:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Levitron said:
Np. buddy. :wink:

the reason is that I decided to change the stock wipers. I know they're good quality wipers but I find that when I drive at high speed they tend to loose contact with the windshield....ok I know I drive fast and most people won't need to change them. But during winter or when it rains a lot and you drive fast, the last thing you want is your wipers not doing their job. So I ordered some new PIAA wipers and will post the results of this change. It should be positive because they have a "wing" to push the wipers against the windshield at high speeds and the blades are also really nice.

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades2.html

With the tons of windshields washer I'm using right now due to all the damn snow we received, I want something that sticks to my windshield like peanut butter in my mouth. :lol:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sorry old post but just to let everyone know I went to autozone and bought some bosch wiper blades and they are recomending an 18 inch for the passenger side for whatever reason when clearly the stock blade is a 19 inch. I drove 75 miles away from the autozone I bought them from before it started to rain and I realized it was an inch shorter than it should have been. It works wayyyyyyy better than stock but I will probably go back to 19inch next time. Just a heads up for anyone who relies on the parts store computer to buy replacement wiper blades.

·
Registered
761 Posts
haah yes I went with the subject that made the most sense for my reply :)

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I had to move the cobwebs and bring some endust lol.

I think I'm running the same Bosch blades, this is my second set of replacements in almost 2 years.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Hell with that, I just replaced both with 18"! Who ever came up with the 2 different size's anyway? :shock: My F-150 was the same! :?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
i'd almost go with a 20" driver side and a 19" passenger side as i sometimes scarily observe my wipers almost touching and crossing over. it has happened once since i've owned the car, i don't want it to happen again. try driving home with the heat maxed out so you melt the snow upon contact with the windshield, sweating bullets, praying the snow doesn't get worse or you REALLY won't be able to see...

i'm just gonna buy some reflex wipers from crappy tire next year. i've got some winter wipers for the snow-dizzle.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=JT link=topic=883.msg696924#msg696924 date=1146615478]
Wow, this could be a record resurrection! :D
[/quote]

And newbies always get blasted for not using search! :lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've found that an 18" works better (than the 19") on the passanger side, with a 21" driver side. Seems to make better contact with the glass, depite what the recomendations are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts