Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking at an 09 Mazda 3 GT with the rain sensing wipers. I can't seem to get a solid answer; is there an intermittent option for when you turn the AUTO wipers off? I know on the older ones (like 04, 05) people say no intermittent.
But on the 2009 with the rain-sensing wipers, is intermittent front wipers an option?

If not, and I find I hate the auto wipers, is it a huge hassle to swap the auto-sensing unit for one that has a non-auto with intermittent, or is that too big a hassle?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Neither of my 3's has the auto option so I can't help you. Your best bet is to check it out yourself and see if there's an intermittent setting.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
No. It's off, AUTO, low-speed constant, high-speed constant. I used to not like the auto wipers, but they are nice when driving in storms and as the intensity of the rain changes (or spray from other vehicles) the wiper speed adjusts and no fiddling with wiper speeds. Otherwise, I will manually run the wiper if it's a mist and the wiper sensor isn't catching the moisture...just move the stalk up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts