Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm thinking of tinting, but I want the metallic, not the smoke tint, because it blocks out the heat, but not light. I like my visibility, just not the SoCal heat that comes with untinted windows. And with my black interior, it's gonna get warm this summer. Would you do me the favor of asking about metallic tint as well as smoke tint?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey DJ, how much did it cost to tint with Llumar? It was more than standard tint, right? I won't have difficulties shelling out a few extra dollars for high quality stuff, I just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. Also, the visibility in the car is excellent, right? That's my main concern with this tinting business--I want to keep my visibility, but keep out the heat and UV rays that will destroy my interior.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Blue Blockers are polarized, right? I've got a good pair of Polarized Oakleys, and they do an okay job of blocking out the info display from some angles. Hmm, so the Llumar gives you a prismatic effect with polarized glasses?

·
Registered
774 Posts
After checking out the UVShield site, I wonder if it can be applied to the front windshield. hmm, it's optically pure and legal in all 50 states...maybe a good tint on the other 5 windows and the UV Shield up front to block the rays. That would be cool, assuming it didn't interfere with polarized shades and such.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Dang dude, that sucks. The installer had better fix it for free, or you should seriously complain to the tint film manufacturer and the BBB. It's silly that they let a new person do one side and then not check/fix the work, that's not how you train new people, and it's how you get a bad reputation in town. I'm looking to get my car tinted with V-Kool or something similarly expensive, and I can honestly say that I'm not paying that kind of cash for subpar work. I hope your installer fixes the stuff and it looks as good as it should.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The place I'm getting my tint done on Thursday uses 3M, Huper Optik and a few other kinds, but since I don't want to spend 500 on my tint, they said 3M is the top of the line there. SolarGuard can't be bad, just makes sure the place gives you a copy of the warranty and does a good job so the warranty applies. Of course, if they don't do a good job, the warranty covers a replacement, so...

·
Registered
774 Posts
SunGuard seems like ok stuff. I would prefer Formula One, personally, but the local shop uses 3M, and they've been doing it for 17 years, so I'm going to trust their judgement. One of my coworkers got his 4Runner tinted there, and they did such a nice job it's amazing. So clean and it was dry within 3 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.