Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A rock from a truck fell and ricocheted off my windshield leaving scratches that fit inside a half inch diameter circle I guess. I was just wondering if there is any way I could some how repair this myself, or if the only way is really replacing the whole windshield. Its small but annoying to look at every day since its on the drivers side in my field of vision. Its not a crack. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I would either live with it or take it to a shop. They might be able to fix it with that glass filler stuff and then polish over it. If your car has the automatic windshield wipers your windshield replacement could get pricey. I was quoted roughly $750 to replace mine the other day.

Fortunately I have road hazzard coverage so it's only going to cost me $100.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't pay a deductible? I think mine is set pretty high so I wouldn't be tempted to use it on glass repair. My rates would probably go up with I used it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
They're gauging interest in a group buy in the edmonton region. They're saying up here the bulk price is $299 for the glass w/rain sensor. Installation is extra. I know stuff's always cheaper down there. You could go to a bulk glass place and buy it for cheap, then pay someone to install it. Or you could get a couple buddies and do it yourself. I wouldn't know much about doing it but someone on here probably does.

On a side note I'm getting my glass replaced a second time now lol. Had it replaced last week on Monday, now it's getting replaced again on Tuesday since it's slightly warped.

·
Registered
493 Posts
[quote author=unimatrixzer0 link=topic=134371.msg2903768#msg2903768 date=1233464594]
Didn't pay a deductible? I think mine is set pretty high so I wouldn't be tempted to use it on glass repair. My rates would probably go up with I used it.
[/quote]

That's right, no deductible and my rate didn't go up. But I do pay more every month for the glass coverage and I'm glad I do, it comes in very handy. The will even replace it with a tiny chip, as long as I request that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts