Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like my windshield wipers fluid doesn't spray anymore. This is also happening in my dad's van too. Is this because it is so cold (-15c) that the fluid is frozen , I just have whatever fluid the dealer put in and I've only driven for about 100km so I don't think the fluid would be empty. Could the opening for the fluid get frozen? How do I clean it out.

ronzac
black mz3 sport gt

·
Registered
314 Posts
I seem to suffer from the same problem, but only in the back sprayer. I don't know what stuff they put in the car stock, but in -20C, if I don't use it for a couple of days, it just doesn't work anymore. The weird thing is if I turn the sprayer on for around 10 seconds, stop, wait 30 seconds, I can see a small drizzle of washer fluid coming out. After that, it works fine. Just a weird problem.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
If your nozzles are covered in snow and ice then yeah that can happen, but I have not experienced any of this and I have driven the 3 in -30 with the fluid from the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i'm an idiot. I was thinking the mist setting on the wipers were to spray the washer fluid like how the rear wipers work. I forgot that you had to pull the lever forward to let it spray

·
Registered
396 Posts
one cool thing i found out......a light comes on to tell you that you have low washer fluid (i think)

i just find this cool, cuz my other car didn't have this option and it costs around 5000 more than my 3

·
Registered
290 Posts
dinu01 said:
Use a needle to see if teh nozzle is frozen. Also use -40C fluid, not the pink summer stuff
Caution on the needle trick - you could end up having the fluid spray every where but the windsheild. Theres a potential for opening up the nozzle too much or changing the direction of flow when doing this.
You might want to try a little Methyal Hydrate in with yorurwasher fluid - works much the same way as gas line antifreeze

1 - 8 of 8 Posts