Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i decided that i definitely want to get the windows tinted on my new 3, but being new to this i'm not sure what to look for and how much it should be costing me - just looking for suggestions on how dark to go and about how much it should run for installation

thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i paid 180 for 20%. honestly i think that's as dark as anyone should go. after that it kind of gets dangerous especially driving at night. 35% seems to be a popular choice, too.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Im gonna go with 30% probably maybe 25

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I'm getting mine done tomorrow... 35% legal. The cops around here are very strict about tint laws.

I'm going to be paying around $235.00 for the tint + lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I feel like 35 is too light... But its a tricky call with the cop situation. I guess you really gotta just take the risk if youre gonna go for it. But I dont have a lot of money here haha, and Im not gonna be able to afford a bunch of fix-it tickets. I dont know what to do yet. Ill probably wait for the summer anyway

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Well... my sedan had 20% and I had issues... so I'd rather not risk it. I can't (and don't want to) afford the tickets and removal costs that come with an illegal tint.

I saw 35% in person the other day and it was more than dark enough. :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
How was the 20 at night?

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Very dark. I had trouble seeing anything when backing up. >_<

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
ooh thats not good, and thats what Im afraid of. Hmmm I think ill probably go with 30, ill have to think about it more ha

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Very true... but I had issues everywhere... granted my eyesight isn't that great.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Lara where are you getting yours done? I wanna find a place that is good and does quality work.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I just dropped it off this morning... I'll let you know how it goes when I get it back. I went to The Tint Man in Monroe, CT. ^_^

I am getting legal (35%) on the side, 20% on the hatch and a 20% tint strip on the windshield.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow Lara, the law in CT is 35%!? Damn I hate PA 70%!

Honestly though I wouldn't go darker than 20%. My cousin has 10% all around in his range rover and it is a bitch to drive at night.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Just got home... the car looks great. :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=139752.msg3023321#msg3023321 date=1238268436]
Just got home... the car looks great. :)
[/quote]

Nice! Lara do you have a sport or a GT? GT's have the auto wiper/lights sensor on top of the windshield and that would mess it up if you tinted that... Im guessing you have a sport?

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I have a GT... there doesn't seem to be any problem with the wipers/lights with the tint on it. The wipers went on fine with a bit of water and the headlights automatically turned on when I brought it into the garage.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts