Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im about to buy a mazda 3 from 2007 with bose sound. I am planning to install an aftermarket HU, as i want to install a sub, and i need the bluetooth connection. Is this possible, or is the speaker signal from the HU going to get amplified by the bose amp, making the signal loud/distorted?

Thanks in advance

//edit
Also, is it possible to add a factory spoiler to a hatchback with no spoiler from the factory. Thanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Use the PAC RP4-MZ11, but DO NOT plug the new radio's speaker outputs to the car's "speaker" wires. Use the new stereo's RCA jacks there. In the Bose stereo, the "speaker" wires behind the stereo aren't speaker wires at all, they are RCA cords, just in a different format.

The RP4 will also come with a blue line out converter. Don't use that part of the kit with the Bose system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use the PAC RP4-MZ11, but DO NOT plug the new radio's speaker outputs to the car's "speaker" wires. Use the new stereo's RCA jacks there. In the Bose stereo, the "speaker" wires behind the stereo aren't speaker wires at all, they are RCA cords, just in a different format.

The RP4 will also come with a blue line out converter. Don't use that part of the kit with the Bose system.
Thank you for the reply, but i have a few follow up questions.

I can't seem to see the ISO-plug for the aftermarket headunit on the harness that you mentioned.
Most sites also say that only the 2008 and up models are supported, but i can see that the official manual for the harness lists support all the way down to the 04 modelyear, so i assume that the car would be supported.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It works for all but the very latest Mazda3's. I think they finally changed the plugs in like 2020 or something like that.

Your new radio will come with it's own plug. You solder that to the PAC harness. This is nothing unusual at all, nearly all aftermarket radios work this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts