Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Bill (aka Wild Willy) made this dead pedal for me and if anyone is interested, you can contact him: [email protected]

He may also make the gas/brake/clutch pedal as long as someone give him the measurement. The pedal is made from billet alumium and IMHO it looks great. The dead pedal cost US$27 including shipping.

If you want to talk about momo or other pedals, please go to another thread. I just want to help out and share we I found...

You can also find pedals he make for other car on http://home.sc.rr.com/gideon/wild_willys_pedals.htm

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yea, out of place for sure. Needs some more, or less, billet. Don't know if I could pull off the Tan, Black, Billet interior it looks like you're shooting for :?:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the color mismatch but you can paint it in different color. My purpose of the pedal is to protect the carpet...

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I don't think the color mismatch factor will be that noticeable with the black interiors. With the black interior, having just the dead pedal would look fine without the "matching" gas and brake pedals.

I will definitely think about that deadpedal when I know I will be getting the Mazda3 :)

Edit : I find it more odd that the stock floormats have a black rubber heel pad, instead of a matching beige. It looks more out of place than the deadpedal IMO.

·
Registered
420 Posts
lmp180psu said:
I don't think the color mismatch factor will be that noticeable with the black interiors. With the black interior, having just the dead pedal would look fine without the "matching" gas and brake pedals.
Yea, especially since the black interiors have "aluminum" trim already :roll:

·
Registered
396 Posts
lmp180psu said:

I will definitely think about that deadpedal when I know I will be getting the Mazda3 :)

Edit : I find it more odd that the stock floormats have a black rubber heel pad, instead of a matching beige. It looks more out of place than the deadpedal IMO.
agreed.
i just think that the beige interior has too many different colors.
(beige, off beige interior) blue/red guages, black inserts, a bit of silver for the shifter.

it looks weird to me

·
Registered
432 Posts
You are damaging the carpet with those 4 screws.. instead of protecting it.

I usually rest my left foot on the floor mat.. so maybe i don't need one.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
6_funk said:
lmp180psu said:

agreed.
i just think that the beige interior has too many different colors.
(beige, off beige interior) blue/red guages, black inserts, a bit of silver for the shifter.

it looks weird to me
Just a slight correction; you can't get the beige interior along with the blue/red electroluminescent gauges. the beige interior only comes on "i"/GS/GX ( I think in reference to Canada) trim levels and has white gauges with red lighted numbers.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
2k1_bug said:
You are damaging the carpet with those 4 screws.. instead of protecting it.

I usually rest my left foot on the floor mat.. so maybe i don't need one.
I understand your point, but I don't think the screws would damage the carpet any more that all the dirt, sand, and salt it will be subjected to in the winter. Also I don't believe that the carpet would be so cheap as to fray because of a few small screw holes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The screws will not damage the carpet, I had the pedal on my Altima for a year and it leaves no sight of damage after I removed it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the install looks good but like someone else said it does look a bit out of place. Maybe it would look better if you get matching gas and break pedals. or remove the piece and have it anodized black. Painting it is a bad Idea as it would scratch, chip, peel too easily. I bet if it where anodized it would look real nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the dead pedal looks great but I guess I just dont see the point in an automatic car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The piece of metal doesn't "make" a footrest there. Its allready a footrest, this just dresses it up a bit. I think what he is saying is comonly a "Dead pedal" is only seen in manual sports cars simply because that is where it is most functional.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Galileo said:
I think what he is saying is comonly a "Dead pedal" is only seen in manual sports cars simply because that is where it is most functional.
Hey guys, the purpose of the "foot rest" or "dead pedal" (as they are most commonly referred to) has nothing to do with Manual vs. Auto, or resting your foot for that matter.

Dead pedals were first installed in "sports" cars to plant your left foot on while executing High G-level turns. Ask any autoX'er or road course driver, and they will let you know that not only are deap pedals a functional item, but a necessity.

The aluminum one looks nice, except of course (as noted previously) for the color. If I could find one in Black, that would be nice. But, the "pedal" does not affect the function it was designed for.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
04M3S said:
Galileo said:
I think what he is saying is comonly a "Dead pedal" is only seen in manual sports cars simply because that is where it is most functional.
Hey guys, the purpose of the "foot rest" or "dead pedal" (as they are most commonly referred to) has nothing to do with Manual vs. Auto, or resting your foot for that matter.

Dead pedals were first installed in "sports" cars to plant your left foot on while executing High G-level turns. Ask any autoX'er or road course driver, and they will let you know that not only are deap pedals a functional item, but a necessity.

The aluminum one looks nice, except of course (as noted previously) for the color. If I could find one in Black, that would be nice. But, the "pedal" does not affect the function it was designed for.
what he said...there's a purpose to having a dead pedal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The reason I started making the dead pedals was for my altima. I just have carpet in that area and i always rest my foot there. It started to become soiled and look like crap. Now it does not. I made it for protection..kind of like a condom for your carpet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts