Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving to the dealer to get my 2010 Fusion SE checked out, and on my way I was driving through; lets just say a rather poor neighborhood. I saw a pothole in the middle of the road, swerved to avoid it but still ended up running my right front wheel through it. Twenty feet after the pothole, i stopped at the traffic light. I looked to the right and there were bunch of day laborers, about 15 of them looking directly at me and my car. At this point I was extremely confused and concerned what the issue was about me. All of the sudden, one of the guys runs over to my passenger window. I roll it down, and he presents my hubcap that flew off my car :rofl: I take it from him praising him so much and ending with a "gracias senor". I drove for a couple miles, pulled over, put it back on, and headed on my way. That was my Halloween. =P

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Depends on the alloy. I've seen/heard of many the bent alloy rim from potholes and curbs. I think I've only ever seen one steelie that got bent and it was from curbing it at about 10mph (broke the control arm as well).

Granted I'd rather have alloys than the steelies I've got (soon...once I need new tires in about 10,000 miles).

I also lost a hubcap on my old saturn that way. Didn't end up getting it though as the car behind me ran it over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts