Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no Engine swap discussion.?
what is the dealio? everyone pussy?
or is the car just too new to really swap.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I swapped a 20b in my 3 last month

GOT YA!!!!! I dunno but we have a pretty solid engine in the bay right now....I don't think many are willing to come outta pocket just be be "different" in a 3

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
1. there is no reason to swap
2. the car is only 3/4 years old. unless you've had some catastrophic failure, your engine is just fine.

this isn't like a civic with 2093308 different motor options.

our engine is proven to make a lot of hp.

stop trying to be like your honda friends.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I want a 2jz with a super-1000 turbo pushin 70psi and while we're at it lets make it RWD and then go driftin!! It's the JDM way....I say we get some power outta our 2.3L (already bigger than any many motors in any car in our class) Can't we ever be happy with what we have...well unless we're talking about parts availabilty :?. Just take some time and thank the car gods for they have blessed u with.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
yeah, a 2jz with nawz would be sweet. :lol:

I swapped in a 2.3L engine a few months ago....because my original one sucked up a little water and went boom. :shock:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
what about putting a protege speed engine in

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
IF, very big IF, I could afford it, I'd be swapping in a Cosworth Duratec, but I don't think that would ever be happening. I'd probably buy a new car before that.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=j-so link=topic=68868.msg1191899#msg1191899 date=1170859424]

I swapped in a 2.3L engine a few months ago....because my original one sucked up a little water and went boom. :shock:
[/quote]

Love this pic!!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=mamock116 link=topic=68868.msg1191987#msg1191987 date=1170862373]
what about putting a protege speed engine in
[/quote]

why would you put a smaller turbo engine in that doesn't make 200whp and would require A LOT of fab work when you can just spend less on a turbo for your current motor and make over 200whp??????

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Putting the protege speed engine into our car is one of the worst things we could do money wise. My friend has an 03 MSP and even he doesn't like his motor... It really limits the cars possibilities... If you follow the msprotege forums, you can read all the horror stories.

On the other hand... why not rebuild our engine so it's robust and then turbo it. This seems like a direction a lot of us head... Then all we need is a reliable way to get that power to the ground and we'll be OK. :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
[quote author=j-so link=topic=68868.msg1191899#msg1191899 date=1170859424]

[/quote]

Do you have the link to the site with the integra ls1 swap?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not much of a need to do it, unless you're a shop trying to do something different. I'd just boost it if I had the money, but if I had the money I would prefer to swap a more powerful engine into my miata . The mazda3 doesn't seem seem like a worthwhile car to do a swap, since it's kinda heavy and FF cars aren't very easy to drive on the street when they have a lot of power.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
^^^ u beat me to saying this. Outta the last 12 post that pic showed up 4 times....that means it's a Very popular swap....guess I gotta go with a ej20tt and convert to AWD. I mean just to be "different"

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
ah fuck....

the pics above got blocked here at work so I didnt see them =(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts