Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

1. I Love Mazda Styling

2. I have owned 4 Mazda's and they all are reliable (121,323,Tribute & 6)

3. I am relatively happy with their performance (No speed freak here, but I am happy that it will keep up with most cars...)

4. Good Quality.....(Will last for 10 years of solid driving at least !!!)

5. Did I mention the Styling !!!! :wink:

6. Mazda3 promises to keep up all of the Good Mazda values !!!

7. I love the look of the Blue Mazda3 Liftback, Can't wait to see it in the metal !!!!!! :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ratings:

(1 - 10)(Worst - Best)

Styling = 10
Engine = 10
Interior = 10
Transmission = 10
Price = 10
Everything = 10

It seems that it gets good ratings from me. :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haris said:
Ratings:

(1 - 10)(Worst - Best)

Styling = 10
Engine = 10
Interior = 10
Transmission = 10
Price = 10
Everything = 10

It seems that it gets good ratings from me. :p
I wouldn't be able to rate the engine until I drove it, myself, same with the transmission.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I want a Mazda 3 because I want to change my Protege and I wanted a RX-8, but it's Out of Price... The best choice, while staying in Mazda is the Mazda 3...

I hope they don't make it uglier than in the pics available!

-Frank

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I always like to see the car for myself than judge the car by a photo. Most of the time its looks better in person.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I want one because of the price and styling. Also, I think it's a nice alternative to the Civic, of which 90% of the parking lot at school is composed.

And hell, as long as I'm getting more HP and 30mpg then it's an excellent alternative to a civic. I'm so sick of that car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with you on the Civic. I also don't like the fact Honda is cost cutting in its civic.........

i mean replacing the double wisbones suspensions with strut is just downright cheap effort to cut costs. the plastic inside also looks much cheaper than earlier civics.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
In that light, what's the deal with Ford, Mada, and Volvo? Three automakers from 3 countries- are they in a joint venture, or just helping eachother out, or what?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Frank said:
Wow!!

What about Toyota, Honda and GM?

Isn't Ford only possessor of 40% of Mazda's shares?? So Mazda would still be Mazda!?

-Frank
Nope. Under Japanese corporate law 1/3 is enough to own another company. And Ford owns exactly that - 33.XX% of Mazda, meaning they have a controlling interest in Mazda.

BTW, did you know Subaru was partially-owned by GM? That came as a shock to me.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
dinu01 said:
Frank said:
Wow!!

What about Toyota, Honda and GM?

Isn't Ford only possessor of 40% of Mazda's shares?? So Mazda would still be Mazda!?

-Frank
Nope. Under Japanese corporate law 1/3 is enough to own another company. And Ford owns exactly that - 33.XX% of Mazda, meaning they have a controlling interest in Mazda.

BTW, did you know Subaru was partially-owned by GM? That came as a shock to me.
Not quite true. Under Japanese law, an American company can only own 33% of a Japanese one.

That 33%, by virtue of being 33%, is enough to have a controlling interest in a company. That's why I specifically used the word "control" and not "complete ownership."

And yes, GM has a piece of Subi. Chrysler controls Mitsu.
Toyota and Honda are still independant.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
GM is even bigger than Ford. They have Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Hummer, Opel(foreign?), Saturn, and Saab.

I would have thought that Buick and Lincoln would be under the same company. Their cars look so similar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts