Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i was in need of new wiper blades and i first bought the Bosch icon ones i installed them but i noticed that they wern't wiping good, especially the passenger side one, so i returned them. Then i bought the rain-x Latitude wiper blades. The driver side one workes fine but the passenger one still makes noise and doesn't wipe good and its driving me crazy. why it it that none of these work on the passernger side? anyone else have problems? i think i might have figured it out why its not working. the drivers side wiper blade is sitting perpendicular to the windshield, but the passenger side is on and angle to the windshield, and i'm guessing that could be the problem so i am thinking of bending the wiper arm to make it perpendicular to the window. what do you guys think?

here is a picture i made, and yeah i'm not the best artist.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds like you might've bent the wiper arm...probably taking off the old wiper blade. Those suckers are tough to get off sometimes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i never bent it, i took it of carefully... does anyone else have any problems with these wipers on their Mazda??

·
Registered
20 Posts
First thing I would do is to make sure the windshield is really clean. I got some cleaner a few years back which is designed to remove hard water spots along with oil from the road that seems to not come off with just a standard washing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My passenger side wiper blade likes to pop off all the time. It doesn't fly off the car, but it pops off and gets hung up on the wiper arm.......pretty inconvenient. Need to do some thorough investigating one of these days!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i ended up just bending the wiper arm a bit and now it works good. i just scratched the black paint off the wiper arm now just need to paint it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
[quote author=Burnout524 link=topic=140192.msg3022521#msg3022521 date=1238211705]
Sounds like you might've bent the wiper arm...probably taking off the old wiper blade. Those suckers are tough to get off sometimes.
[/quote]

Nope. I have the same exact issue as vancity604. Mine's a 2007 and the passenger side wiper arm is twisted so that the blade isn't perpendicular to the windshield. It's annoying as hell because in lighter to moderate rain, that side chatters a lot and smears a little on the return stroke. This has happened with multiple brands (OEM, Trico, Bosch, Rain-X) of wiper blades and many people misdiagnose the issue as a blade problem.

I've noticed that on another older 2004-2006 Mazda 3 the passenger side is perpendicular to the windshield. And there's also talk about TSB's for wiper arm replacements on certain Mz3's.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=31271.0

I don't want to bend the arm since the paint will come off. Wondering what kind of arm I'd get if I ordered a new one from the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts