1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
it sounds to me they are going more for a road racing type of stance. Bigger sway bars stiffer shocks and springs.......well the new look of the 2nd gen ms3 made me very happy to have mine :)....but if the horsepower numbers are actually correct in that article i have 2 reasons im happy to have mine. :p

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the two points about "reducing" torque steer and going green are bull shit!!! This is major in the LOSS factor for all of us who visit the forum ... to stay on top you have to surpass your previous offerings ... the G8 seems to be miles ahead of the GTO ... for GM ... you have to give them some credit for this ... this new model seems to be a check mark in the "loss" column.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ill prolly get flamed for this :flame: and im not sure how far back the R&D goes....but maybe maybe maybe this could be in part to Ford selling off a large share of Mazda co. :( Its probably not at all related but........the new focus RS has 300HP in a front drive :shock: so why not the speed??????? :x

·
Registered
198 Posts
It seems like that website can't keep it's facts straight from one article to another. Also, they said it comes with large swaybars (not larger swaybars). I always wished that the whole gearbox had wider ratio's. Hell my Eclipse (with a short ratio Galant GS gearset in it) has wider ratios than my speed3 does.

Are the new brakes larger? I measured the rotors on the car a few days ago and I thought they were 12.6" already?

I dunno... but that front end is sure euro looking. Reminds me of one of those european rally cars. It's not terrible. It looks like the engine bay is smaller though... probably is... it seems like engine bays get smaller and harder to work in every year. Bastards.

I do like the wheels though. It's nice to be able to see the brakes and fit your fingers in between the spokes to clean them.

I kind of wonder if the front end will be the same from the euro version to the US version, or if they will be slightly different.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That is an extremely poorly written article. Is that just a bad translation? What the Hell does "geatures" mean?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=COOL 3 link=topic=139521.msg3007755#msg3007755 date=1237598619]
IThe next gen is less powerful, less in looks dept. and down in power??? WTF? I must have bad info ... what is the REAL story?
[/quote]

last i checked, it has the same exact power as the model it replaces... :dunno:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
the new MS3 is a POS!
I hate the way it looks and that's enough for me.

our single exhaust and size of the car is the very definition of "pocket rocket"

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A lot of contradictions ... Mazda was supposed to go with light weight materials to get better overall performance #'s out of this car specifically ... I wonder how much more weight this car carries? I actually do like the hood but if perfomance is the same as last gen ... then the hood mod is acting to cover for some of the other stufff going on ...ie... an increase in gas milage can mean nothing more than a "compromise" of performance...from a marketing perspective ... it does not fit ... the NY show is only a few weeks away ... maybe more info will come into play.

·
Registered
688 Posts
[quote author=xxguitarist link=topic=139521.msg3008093#msg3008093 date=1237609310]
[quote author=hilmar2k link=topic=139521.msg3007889#msg3007889 date=1237603005]
What the Hell does "geatures" mean?
[/quote]I'd assume it's "features" with a key one spot to the right.
[/quote]

Yeah, I knew what he meant.

My point was only that any decently well written and edited article wouldn't have such a ridiculous spelling error.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree with a lot that is being said here. How can a newer model actually decrease in HP? I mean granite it's only 7 hp and can be easily made up thru mods....but who wants to purchase a new car that is a step behind the originator? I will say though two things that I do enjoy about the new ms3....first the duel exhaust...i've always been a sucker for it and was one of my complaints about the speed I own. Also, finally a boost gauge will be coming from the factory. Two good things but they do not out weight all the bads. That scoop is going to ruin the sleeper mentality of the ms3.....which is my favorite part....

·
Registered
769 Posts
the peak power is not what decides whether the car faster or slower. We need to wait until we see a hp/tq curve. As well as weight (I'm guessing that's all ready out).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Are those not the #'s advertised for the euro spec model? Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=HiggyGT link=topic=139521.msg3008613#msg3008613 date=1237657359]
Are those not the #'s advertised for the euro spec model? Correct me if I am wrong.
[/quote]

yes they are, and it makes the same power as the model it replaces.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=139521.msg3008630#msg3008630 date=1237657887]
[quote author=HiggyGT link=topic=139521.msg3008613#msg3008613 date=1237657359]
[/quote]

yes they are, and it makes the same power as the model it replaces.
[/quote]

I don't see how so many people keep missing this. Everybody just reads the title and OP then jumps to assumptions and post BS. Read People Read!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts