Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wondered this...WHY WHY WHY? :?

For example the slope of the rear window of 6 hatch and sedan are same but hatch gets rear wiper.

Can someone please explain to me, it's been bugging me for a while.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
ya, i agree.
It poured in houston yesterday and it was a little hard to see out the back window.

My suggestion: use RainX to make the water bead right off so you can still see the traffic behind you.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Take the 3. The way the rear drops expose the rear window to lots of road dirts that normally get on the back of a sedan and not on the rear window.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
In general, stuff doesn't get on Sedan's back windows. Only when you're stopped, but that sheets off pretty quick. Rain doesn't get on rear sedan windows when you're moving, and dirt certainly doesn't.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thats the only advantage I've found to spoilers on trucks and hatches is that it redirects currents of air along the window helping keep them clean. The physics of air flow are different. Hatch and truck windows generally get dirtier than sedan windows.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Evo 8 has it, it may look dumb, but all of u will think it is great when u need it.
and I think all JDM sedans also have rear wiper.

·
Registered
234 Posts
sorry if u misunderstand my point, I want to say all or almost all cars sell in Japan have rear wiper.
also several times I wanted my former Accord had it, cause in Toronto, there are chances of heavy rainfall in summer time, so it had poor visibilty for the rear.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i think you would need 2 wipers on the back as in the front.. coz the back window is so short a single wiper can't sweep all. and yes it would look very very strange..

in fact i like to have wipers on my glasses.. not for driving.. but for general walking in the rainning...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I've seen a few sedans w/rear wipers - LOVE IT!!!

Not sure why you guys are so opposed to it. Looking dumb? I like visibility over style, but that's just me. Of course, I'm the same guy that finds 19" wheels overkill, headlight covers tasteless and couldn't care less NAV+HIDS... :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
dinu01 said:
I'm the same guy that finds 19" wheels overkill, headlight covers tasteless and couldn't care less NAV+HIDS... :)
I also agree on all points!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I always found it cool to have a rear wiper. In a case like the Acura Integra, it served well and wasn't too obvious. Now, I can't live without the rear wiper. So nice to be able to see out behind clearly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts