Mazda3 Forums banner

Why can't Mazda3 i/s have an option for a better system

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  VraiDiouf 
#1 ·
I was wondering why Mazda3 didn't have an option for a better sound system, with better speakers, etc. like some of the other cars in it's class like the Nissan Sentra. I mean why can't it have an option to have the same sound system package as the Mazda MP3 car? Check this link out!!!

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/01mp3.htm

That would be cool if it had a sound system like the Mazda3. I'm sure u Canadians are familiar with this car, we in the U.S. really aren't, because it was never available here.

#2 ·
All of those parts you can buy yourself as save yourself some money in the process. The Mazda MP3 was a limited production vehicle, similar to the MazdaSpeed Protege. If Mazda were to put an upgraded stereo system in their 3, they'd stick in some Bose junk. I wouldn't be surprised if Mazda did the same thing again by introducing an MP3 MZ3 in the future.

#6 ·
dinu01 said:
Because audiophiles will NEVER be fully satisfied with BOSE (what most carmakers use as their high end stereo), and b/c doing it yourself you can get the sound you want (personally I don't care about a sub, but want clear treble) for less.
you know you're getting old when... :roll:

#8 ·
I'm the same way Dinu, don't worry. Although, that attitude got me in trouble with my ex.

She started to hate driving me places because her over-powered subs in her tiny car gave me a headache. Honestly, when she turned on her pop and rap crap the entire thing vibrated. She thought it was the hottest thing ever... I thought I needed a tylenol.

#11 ·
I back up Dinu also :) I want to have a nice sound system with good sounding bass and full enveloping sound, but I almost know jack about the workings/specs of sound systems. I should be satisfied with the stock system; if I change anything it will be the speakers and amp ( professionally done, and no trunk/passenger space robbing subs- no offense to people with them). I hate cars that sound like rattle traps at a traffic light or when driving by.

My friend has a BOSE system in his 99 Maxima, and I think it is certainly above average. Judging by most people on this board, I don't know what a good sound system is, but I know what sounds good to me.

Also, I would never have a friend/girlfriend that always ragged on my choice of cars, clothes, food etc. :(

I think an Ex Ex would be an EX^2 :lol: Good one Kaz :D

#12 ·
I don't listen to Rap or anything with a bass overtone that drowns out the voices or the rest of the music, but I do listen to music with bass overtones that go along with the music and that bass is just as important as the treble. When I listen to music at home on my 4-way speaker system I hear a more full range sound than I hear in my Mazda3, of course. Not surprising that bands all the way from Tool to Pink Floyd to David Gray (all favorites of mine) sound better with full range speakers, including a nice punchy sub.

#13 ·
Well, all Bose systems aren't the same some are better than others. The ones offered on Mercedes and Infiniti for example are rather good. Look at the one on the Infiniti Q45 or Mercedes ML55 AMG, these have Bose 10" subs within the car, either near the backseat headrests or underseat subs. On the higher end cars of course, you would expect the BOSE packages to be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.