Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this movie as part of one of my classes and I'm hung up on one of the questions my teacher is asking for it.

The question is: The story[as in the movie Anonymous] embeds a lot of details from the plays into the life of Edward de Vere, which he supposedly later put into the plays. Name a few.

I've come up with two, and need two more;
1. de Vere stabs someone through a curtain like in the play Hamlet
2. de Vere kills someone while fencing in what should have been a non-lethal fight)

I'd appreciate any help I can get to finish this. Thanks

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
While I've not seen the movie, I do recall a bit of Shakespeare from my high school years a few years ago.

Are there any elements of a fateful love? (R/J). A person who is regarded as nothing and yet really knows everything who sees how the cookie will crumble so to speak? (Jester from King Lear I think... "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark... A prophecy ere I go". Damn, I wish I could remember more, I loved reading Shakespeare and this topic makes me want to read them again lol.

What you can do, is try to google the name of the play followed by "common themes" and see what kind of hits you get. I'm sure this is probably more of what your teacher is looking for since these are the underlying elements of the plays as opposed to simply a non-lethal fencing fight, feel me?

Best of luck!

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts